fourteen - love overdose

TW FOR THIS CHAPTER

"This band is barely being held together! And if Juniper goes down, we all go down!"

Warren turned to Niccolo with a smirk. "So, your face is like on-on money and shit?"

Juniper laughed and playfully sat on Eddie's lap. "No. No, no."

Niccolo smiled. "It's complicated."

"Well, do you have land or power?" Warren asked, prompting laughter from Daisy and Juniper.

"Yeah, land. Do you have a job?" Eddie chimed in.

"I'm a student of life," Niccolo replied.

"Oh, a student of life," Eddie repeated.

Warren nodded. "I like that. I get it."

Juniper rolled her eyes and leaned forward to snort a line off the table. Eddie squirmed slightly as she moved on him.

"Hey, fuck off," Daisy scolded Juniper.

"You crazy? Well, that's like having a favorite kid. I dig it all, man... doo-wop, boogie-woogie, rockabilly, country western, gospel, honky-tonk, big band, bebop, swing, jazz, folk, soul," Rod said when asked about his favorite genre.

"You name it, I can dig it. Music is my life. I mean, hell, why else would I do a job like this? I love it so much I even put up with the fucking musicians," he continued. The group laughed and protested.

"You love us!" Juniper exclaimed.

The next day, the band was called in for a group interview. "Over here, Billy. Billy. Billy," called out the interviewer.

Juniper Reeves: Billy, Daisy, Billy! It was all about them. It was like we were invisible!

The interviewer turned to Daisy and asked, "Who makes that coat, Daisy?"

"I don't know," Daisy responded.

Juniper rolled her eyes "And your shoes?"

"Why are you asking me about my clothes, man? I mean, why don't you ask Billy about that dumb-looking shirt he has on?" Daisy joked, with a hint of tension in her words. Billy sarcastically laughed.