seven - panic attack

"You make me feel alive, Eddie

"You make me feel alive, Eddie. You always have."

Juniper Reeves: I think that everyone gets confused with feelings especially if you're spending every day with each other.

Eddie's voice pierced through the chatter. "Wait, is that... Guys, guys. Guys. Hey, hey, hey. Holy shit." He tugged Juniper's sleeve and led her to the car where 'Look at us now (Honeycomb)', their band's latest single, was blasting on the radio.

"What station is this?" Graham chimed in.

"What?" The girls looked at him, confused. Juniper's face lit up with excitement.

"The radio station. What's the radio station you're listening to?" Graham clarified.

"Oh, it's KHJ," the driver answered.

"Thank you. Thank you, thank you." Graham grinned, feeling a surge of adrenaline. Juniper jumped on Eddie's back, and they ran off, shouting, "We're on the fucking radio!"

The group hurried down the street, their elation spilling out in bursts of laughter and high-fives. Daisy Jones and the Six had been playing in dive bars and small venues for months, and they had almost given up hope of ever getting airplay. But now, with their music being broadcasted to thousands of listeners, they felt like they had taken a significant step towards stardom.

Juniper played with Camila's hair, taking in the aroma of the kitchen. "Smells good in here," she said. Camila turned around, her eyes fixed on Juniper's. "Uh-uh. You can wait," she teased, then returned to cooking. Karen's voice cut through the chatter. "When's the last time anyone went through the mail?"

Juniper leaned in and kissed Julia on the head. "I don't know," she said. "But that pile of stuff in the sink is getting pretty big." Warren piped up. "I thought that was your job, Karen."

Karen rolled her eyes, playing along with the joke. "My job?" she asked sarcastically.

Suddenly, Karen held up six envelopes, each containing $600 in royalties for their latest single. "Does anyone know what these are?" she asked, her eyes wide. "Mm?"

"I'm rich! I'm rich!" Juniper and Warren exclaimed, laughing. Warren swept her up and spun her around. Eddie watched his friends' joy, pushing aside the twinge of jealousy in his gut. They had been paid for a song they had created. It was a small victory, but it meant they were on their way to something bigger.

The group sat on the balcony, relieved to finally be free of Billy, Camila, and their crying baby. They were waiting for the drugs they had dropped to take effect.