nine - rollerball

"That means I'd have to practice and write with Billy all the time

"That means I'd have to practice and write with Billy all the time. Do you really want that?"

Juniper sat on a bench with Eddie standing beside her, kissing her shoulder every so often as Daisy walked into the studio.

"Again with the legs, man," Warren commented. Juniper rolled her eyes, playing with Eddie's hair. "Dude, I know," Juniper scoffed and flicked his forehead. "I was just saying," he said, reaching over and pecking her on the lips. "Warren, right?" Daisy asked. "Yeah."

"You know it's not my job not to turn you on, right?" Juniper smiled proudly at the girl.

"I-I do... now."

"Great." Billy walked in, and Eddie helped Juniper off the bench, pulling her into his arms with her back towards his chest.

"All right, everybody. I just want to say a few things before we get started. First off, we have a new member of the band. So let's hear it for Daisy Jones." The band cheered, and Juniper was just happy to have another girl in the band.

"Thank you for being here and for doing this with us."

"Thank you for having me."

"So, it's been what, four weeks?" Billy started.

"I wrote a song," Daisy cut Billy off. "Well, actually, I've written about 20 songs I'd like to play for you guys. Sorry. I wasn't trying to cut you off or anything. I was just... I'm excited about it, so..."

"Well, Daisy, the great news is, we, uh... we actually have, what, 13 songs for the album, so... Yeah, I mean, why don't we play you some, and then, uh, you can have a listen, see if you... feel strongly about any of them or, you know, want to add anything," Billy said, and Juniper looked over at Daisy's disappointed face.

Eddie noticed Juniper's expression and squeezed her hand reassuringly. Daisy nodded and they began to play the songs. However, as they played, tensions began to rise. Billy and Daisy seemed to clash on every song, and Karen could sense the frustration growing in the room.

"We could play the new one for Daisy. I think you're gonna dig this one," Billy says, picking up his guitar.

"Let me guess, it's about your wife and the rain," Daisy says sarcastically, earning a laugh from Juniper.

Eddie Roundtree: I think it was called "She's the Storm." Seriously.

"Sorry, did you want to say something?" Billy asks timidly.