Chapter six

Since there were no more mattresses in the building, Rin had to sleep on a towel.

You snuggled into the soft sheets and relaxed.

An hour later, everyone was asleep except for you.

You couldn't help but feel bad for Rin who was sleeping on the floor without any pillows or blankets.

After all, you were the one who took his bed.

You sighed and sat up to peer over the edge of the bed to check on Rin.

He was sleeping soundly but the floor was pretty hard, so it must be really uncomfortable since he was frowning in his sleep.

You took his pillow from under you and gently tucked it under his head. Then you took another towel and draped it over his body.

I should be the one who's sleeping on the floor, you thought. I'm not the one who's doing training here.

"Gosh, I can't sleep." You whispered.

You got up from the bed and walked out the door. It was 11pm right now, but you were still wide awake.

"Let's see...where are the soccer fields?" You murmured.

After wandering around cluelessly for a few minutes, you finally found the empty field.

There were a few stray soccer balls lying around, and you picked one up.

The soccer field looks smaller than what I played in school, You thought as you placed the ball around ten metres away from the goal.

You kicked the ball and it flew into the goal.

"That was lame."

You turned around to see Rin leaning against the wall.

"What're you doing here Rin?"

"I could ask you the same thing." He replied.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Same. The floor's not the best place to sleep on."

"Sorry, it's my fault. I'll let you sleep on the bed."

"No it's fine, the floor's not that bad." He walked towards you.

"That was a lame shot. Do you even know how to play soccer?"

"I played in school. I was a foward." You looked up towards the ceiling. "But our team wasn't that strong."

"My teammates were fucking shit." You whispered.

Rin picked up the ball.

"Since we're both awake now, let's play one on one."

"Are you crazy? How am I supposed to beat the number one player in blue lock?"

"Just play."

You reluctantly nodded and set the ball on the grass.

You started running towards the goal with the ball, but Rin came into view.

You shot the ball in between his legs and swiftly caught the ball pass him and ran towards the goal.

A nutmeg?! Rin thought. She's better than I expected, and he ran after you.

However, you were a fast runner, and he barely made it just in time before you tried to score.

You paused in front of him and moved the ball to the left using your right foot.

Wait what? Rin thought. It's definitely a fake, she'll move it back to the right. But I'll still need to keep an eye on the left.

Rin started moving towards your right, and took the chance to step foward with your left leg and shot a trivela using the outside of your right foot.

Wait she can do that?! Rin's eyes widened.

The ball flew towards the goal, hit the goalpost and bounced off.

"Argh." You scrunched your forehead.

"I didn't know you could do a trivela." Rin's mouth was slightly agape.

"Of course I can, I just need to be more accurate though." You sighed. "And I'm also half-asleep right now."

"That was a nice shot though."

"Thanks." You smiled.

"What was your school's name?"

"Hyojira High."

"Wait...Hyojira? That school's women's soccer team is pretty good though."

You shook your head.

"Nope, we suck. My team sucks." You frowned. "I hate them, they hate me. We basically don't really get along."

"Wait a second," Rin's eyes slightly widened. "Are you..."

"Yes. I'm Y/n l/n, also known as the Genius Psycho."