Chapter eleven

At dinner time, you were walking along the corridor, scrolling through your phone.

"Y/n."

"Oh, Nagi! Heyy." You smiled at the tall boy.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To the cafeteria to get some food. Wanna come along?"

"I just came from there."

"Oh okay. See you around then!" You waved goodbye to him.

He lifted a hand showing a peace sign and shuffled off, phone in hand.

Nagi's so cute, you thought. I can't believe he's six feet tall though, what does that guy even eat?

When you entered the cafeteria, you noticed Isagi, Bachira, Aoshi, Aryu and Rin sitting together.

When they saw you walk in, they got up and ran to you.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N!!" Bachira practically screamed in your ear.

"Thanks Bachira, but I don't think I would like to go deaf on my birthday." You smiled at him.

"Oh sorry! Got too excited." He stuck his tongue out.

"Happy birthday y/n!" Isagi gave you a hug.

"Thanks guys." You smiled at them.

"We know it's not much but we decided to do a mini birthday buffet for you." Aoshi nervously said.

"Really? You guys are so sweet." You laughed and sat down in front of the steaming food.

The five of them joined you as all of you laughed and talked.

After dinner, when everyone had wished you a last happy birthday, Rin called to you.

"Y/n, I need to give you something."

"What is it?"

He handed you a box and a bag.

"Is this...cake?"

He nodded.

"I spent my points to get a day off today to get you that. And that." He pointed to the bag in your hand.

You opened the paper bag and found a squishy owl plushie inside.

"Awww, it's so cute." You squished it and laughed.

"Thanks Rin." You smiled at him and gave him a hug, then leaned foward and kissed his cheek.

His eyes widened.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes, his face burning.

"I'm kinda full after eating dinner, do you wanna share this cake with me?" You asked, holding up the box.

"Ok."

You opened the box and stared at the cake.

"You got me a strawberry shortcake?"

"I didn't know what flavour you wanted. So I just got the one you bought for me." Rin internally panicked, worried that you didn't like strawberry shortcake.

"Well you guessed it right, it's my favourite." You grinned.

"Oh."

You took a fork, scooped up a piece and put it in your mouth. The fluffy cream and spongy cake melted on your tongue.

"Goddamn, it always tastes so good." You said. "Eat some Rin." You scooped another piece of cake and held it to his mouth.

Rin hesitated.

"Are you saliva conscious?" You asked.

"Uh no, it's fine." He opened his mouth and ate the cake.

"Are you scared of indirect kisses then?"

"It's  just a bit weird for me."

"I don't really care about indirect kisses." You said, shoving another forkful of cake in your mouth. "It's just sharing a piece of cutlery for me." You shrugged.

Rin nodded and stared at you.

"Hey, um, y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever been...confessed to before?" Rin rubbed his neck, looking away from you.

"Yeah, but I turned them all down. I've received like...two or three?" You rested your face in your hands. "Those people were trash anyway. And I didn't even like them." You closed your eyes.

Rin's confidence dropped drastically.

"Oh." He frowned. "Do you think I'm trash?"

"Not really, your pretty cool."

Rin's confidence skyrocketed slightly.

"Don't think I don't know where this convo is going." You turned to him and smirked.

Rin grunted and looked away from you.

"If you have anything to say I won't judge. If it's bothering you just say it and let it off your chest." You smiled at him.

Rin's face scrunched up in frustration.

"If I...confessed to you," Rin said slowly. "Would you accept it?"

"Hmmm," you pretended to think. "Depends. You still look pretty uneasy Rin. Do you still have anyyyyyything else you wanna ask me?" You smiled teasingly at the boy's tomato red face.

"Y/n..."

"Yes?"

"Will you...go out with me...as more than friends?" Rin's face was about to explode.

"I don't think we could go out though, your stuck in blue lock." You said.

Rin grabbed his hair and you laughed.

"You're so cute Rin, and yes, we can be more than friends." You sighed and stood up. "Now be a gentleman and walk me back to my room, my dear boyfriend."

Rin stood up and ran out of the door, unable to handle the pressure and embarrassment any longer, and you laughed at him as he ran out.

Both of you walked towards your room in silence.

"So...what are y'all gonna do tomorrow?" You asked Rin, grabbing his hand.

"Ego didn't specify." He intertwined his fingers with yours. "Are you going to eat with us tomorrow at breakfast?"

"My uncle needs to talk to me about something, so I can't."

When the both of you reached your room, he turned around to leave but you called to him.

"Aww, no goodbye kiss?" You looked at him, puffed up your cheeks and pouted.

Rin stiffened, but turned back around.

"Where...should I kiss you?"

"Anywhere is fine." You hugged the back of his neck and looked up to him.

Rin hesitated, before lowering his head and giving you a quick kiss on your lips before untangling himself from you and dashing off.

You laughed as he sped off at what seemed like 50km/hour.

Back in the other dorm, isagi and Bachira were playing cat and mouse with each other.

"Bachira, give me back my towel!" Isagi chased him around the bed, laughing.

"Nuh uh! Come and get it!" Bachira stuck out his tongue at Isagi.

Rin suddenly burst into the dorm and flew onto his bed, wrapping himself inside his blanket.

"Rin?!" Isagi ran over to him. "Are you okay?"

"Fuck you all." He sat up with a crimson red face, and covered his face with his hands.

"How did it go?" Aryu asked.

"She...said yes."