Chapter seven

"I heard from my team that there was this girl who played soccer from another school." Rin said. "And that she was an amazing prodigy player though not very well-known."

You and Rin were sitting down on the field, you listening him talk.

"I heard that this player has really reckless plays which could have resulted in injuries and fouls, but they didn't get any. And somehow those reckless plays always seemed to work out."

Rin looked at you amazed.

"Are you really the Genius Psycho?"

You shrugged.

"Maybe. It's for you to figure out." You winked at him, making him feel heat rise up in his cheeks.

"By the way, aren't you related to that prodigy player Sae Itoshi?" You rested your face on your palms. "Since you have the same last names. And he kinda looks like you."

Rin frowned.

"Yeah I am. So?"

"Your soccer skills must be pretty good then."

"Don't talk about my brother. He's a piece of shit."

"Why?"

He sighed in annoyance.

"Big bro changed his dream from being world best striker to midfielder. I wanted to be the second best after him."

"But then he just went and told me that he didn't need me anymore. He just used me. He pisses me off." Rin stood up and kicked at the grass angrily.

"Sorry you had to go through that." You got up and walked over to him.

"You wouldn't understand."

"I know I won't, but I know how you feel about it though." You wrapped you arms around him, pulled him into a hug and patted his back softly.

Rin was taken aback by your sudden touch but it made him feel kind of...

Warm.

He slowly wrapped his arms around you and buried his face into your shoulder.

Rin didn't seem like the type to cry, but you swore you felt liquid seep through your shirt onto your skin.

"Okay, okay." You patted his back softly. "No need to cry okay? Just focus on your soccer so you can crush your bro."

"I wasn't crying. I never cry." He broke away from the hug and walked towards the door.

You rolled your eyes and ran after him.

"Sorry i took your bed. You can sleep on it. I'll sleep on the floor."

"I'm not letting you sleep on the floor. It'll hurt your back."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah." He whispered as both of you entered the dorm.

You plopped yourself on the bed and Rin took the other half.

As you tucked yourself into the white sheets, you suddenly felt a hand wrapped itself around you.

"I guess you're pretty...huggable." Rin whispered.

You smiled and turned around, wrapping your arms around his body.

"You too."