Chapter sixteen

(Me when I see Rin: )

"Hey guys."

You walked into the monitor room. Isagi and his two new friends were inside.

"How was your match?"

"It was great!" Nanase beamed.

"It was good." Hiori smiled at you.

"I guess I could have done better." Isagi sighed. "But your match with Rin though, it was amazing."

"I guess so." You sat down next to them and sighed. "I still lost 5-2."

"I mean, Rin is a pretty strong player." Hiori said. "For you to score 2 goals against him is actually pretty good."

"And you beat me by one point." Isagi held his head in his hands. "I can't believe i let a girl beat me!"

You chuckled and patted his back.

"I was trained by my uncle so." You shrugged. "And he's running this programme too. Whaddya expect?"

After sitting there and chatting for a while with them, you went back to your room to find a tall boy standing at your door.

"Rin?" You walked to him, smiling. "What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to spend some time with you I guess." He walked in the room with you.

Ever since the both of you started dating, Rin had started giving you small head pats and cheek kisses and was less tense when you gave him hugs.

He sat on your bed, and you plopped in the space between his legs and lay on his chest.

"Wanna read some manga together?" You asked.

He nodded, and the both of you started reading the manga book open in front of you.

As both of you read, Rin would occasionally take your longish black hair and play with it, combing through it with his fingers.

10 minutes later, after both of you were done reading, he started telling you about the matches he'd done in the third selection and how it went.

"You don't seem to get along with Shidou, don't you?"

"He's an annoying ass bug who gets in my way." Rin frowned. "How come you know him?"

"He's my senior. And then he saw me play once and invited me to play with the guys. We exchanged numbers after that and I would sometimes eat lunch with him at school."

"Oh."

He scratched his neck.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just realized I don't have your number yet."

"I'll give it to you after the match." You smiled and he nodded.

"That is..."

"There's a condition?" Rin said.

"...If you win against the U20."

"I will." Rin wrapped you around in his arms and rested his head on your shoulder. "I will and I must."

You turned around snuggled your face into his chest. It was the most comfortable feeling, with you in his arms. The both of you stayed in that position for a while, embracing each other's warmth.

After a while, you looked up at him.

"When are you gonna let me go?" You whispered.

Rin looked down at you. You stared up at him as teal eyes looked back in yours.

Your eyes.

He loved your eyes, it was the most attractive part of your beautiful face.

"Never." A small smile formed on Rin's lips.

"I'll never let you go."

————————————————————————

(Ok I decided to find a pic on Pinterest instead and I felt like y/n fits dis hairstyle so 🤷‍♀️ but if u don't like it just imagine ur own hairstyle :p)