-CH 3~ Are you trustworthy ? (Original story) (English)

Hello!

At the beginning, I had written this story for the contest "Will you be mine" organized by where the goal is to write a fantasy romance story where the main character "falls in love with his best friend that he/she discovers behind the door". Except I had a few little misunderstandings starting with the subject I accidentally deviated from, then I learned about the contest only two days ago yet the closing date is March 31 so I don't have time to change...so good 😭. But I'm thinking of submitting the story anyway so I didn't work for nothing.

Keep in mind this is my first fantasy story so I'm not sure how it will turn out....

I still hope you like it though!

~ Sherylle

****

I'm twisting and turning.

This is weird... The floor is hard.

I stand up abruptly, open my eyes and discover around me five doors.

How did I get here?! I was in my bed a few hours ago! And more importantly, why are there all these doors? Well, I'm going to go...Maybe there is my room behind one of them...

So I go to the first door because the most beautiful, the most flowered in this space which is above all a beautiful garden. The door is made of gold inlaid with precious stones. I reach out my hand to grab the handle when a thought clicks in my head.

In all movies and even in real life, the most attractive and beautiful things are not necessarily trustworthy.

Later I will learn the hard way that I was right...

***

It is on these thoughts that I go towards the last door, the wooden one, the ugliest one, touch the handle and open the door which lets me see a very beautiful world, even more beautiful than the garden where I am. I enter somewhat suspicious even if I am less afraid since I survived the door.

I am immediately invaded by a strong light which blinds me momentarily. I hear warlike cries around me. I turn my head to each side, panic-stricken in search of the sources of these sounds but I do not see anybody what makes me even more panic-stricken.

It is at this moment that I receive a blow on my head. I have just been knocked out... at the moment I least expected it. I try to see who did this to me, but all I can see before my vision is blurred and I'm about to faint is a dozen soldiers, all identical, very thin, the body is very thin, like a line. It is the same for legs and arms. The only things that allow to distinguish them from what I could see are their heads which have either a shape of colors of a deck of cards namely: hearts, spades, diamonds or clover.

***

During my period of unconsciousness, I think about this world, which is rather atypical, and I end up putting forward a hypothesis: I suppose that the army of this parallel world must be composed of forty soldiers who have the heads of the suits of a deck of fifty-two cards. The other twelve cards, which are the kings, jacks and queens, must be the high representatives of this world.

***

I am awakened from my unconsciousness when I receive what looks like cool water on my face and incidentally on my chest. So I get up abruptly, a little pissed off, ready to scream when I hear the demonic laughter of several people behind me. I turn round and find myself in front of twelve people sitting around a very long oak table in a very white room, enough to drive you crazy. These people are dressed exactly like the cards they are supposed to represent. So I guess I was right.