Chapter 6 (Proof)

Hayley's pov
I hadn't talked to Alex the whole day, in the morning we headed out to rehearsal and I haven't seen her since.

It was now minutes from the start of the concert and I knew exactly who'd be standing front row.

"You guys ready" Jeremy's voice rang from behind as his hand came in contact with my shoulder.
I turned to him and Taylor, smiling slightly.

To be honest I had a large amount of butterflies in my stomach, feeling as though I could throw up at anytime.

"You're on" the man told us, giving us the thumb as a signal to go on stage.

As soon as I stepped on I remembered why the stage was my favorite place to be.
"How's everyone doing tonight" I shouted into the microphone, looking everywhere but the front row.

Because I knew a certain brunette would be standing there.

I sang my hardest, slightly making eye contact with Alex every now and then between songs.
And finally came the 3 songs I dreaded playing.

'Hate to see your heart break', 'proof', and 'that's what you get'

I started with 'hate to see your heart break' softly chanting into the microphone.

I looked down to Alex words slipping out my mouth
"I hate to see your eyes get darker as they close" and I could see she was close to tears.

The song luckily ended and I sighed loudly.
I then looked to Taylor, who I had told I was scared to sing proof and he gave me a sympathetic smile before nodding for me to go on.

"That's what I always loved the most about you" I sang looking into Alex's hurt eyes.
I wanted to take her in my arms and tell her that I'm sorry.

But I continued to sing my ballad for "chad".
"Then I believe in what you say, there's nothing left for you to do, the only proof I need is you" I softly weeped into the mic, my eyes meeting someone pushing past everyone.

Was Alex leaving?
I continued through the song although it pained me to see her leave.
She finally turned her head back to look me in the eyes.

But she turned back around and walked out.
This caused me to want to cry, because I was lying. Everything I said, it was all a lie.

I continued on to 'that's what you get'. And finished with a big smile.
"See you again, but until then WE LOVE YOU, WE LOVE YOU, AND WE ARE PARAMORE" I shouted into the mic before running off stage.

Taylor and Jeremy pulled me into a warm embrace.
"Are you ok hayles" Taylor muttered into my hair.
"Yeah I'll be fine" I assured him before heading into my dressing room.

I closed the door behind me and slip down onto the floor.
My back securely against the wall.

The thought of Alex danced into my mind making me cringe.
I like her.
I think I like her.

"Goddamnit Hayley" I cursed to myself.
It's either a yes or no.

I couldn't deny the indescribable feeling I get when she smirks at me.
Her flirting is like I call for me to get ready to lay down in my grave.

But I never thought I was a lesbian.
Like, I've liked guys since I was first talking, and all of a sudden this girl walks into my life and it changes the whole game?
I thought back to when I first met her, cant lie. I was being a huge dick.

But that's because I was tired.
The excuses piled into my brain and I finally excepted that I like this girl.
"I like Alexandra cooper" I softly muttered under my breath grabbing my face with my own palms.