Chapter 20 (& about forgiveness)

Hayley's pov
I watched Alex, waiting for her to respond to my apology.
I could have said so many more things, but nothing would have summed up how terrible I feel.

Her friend stood, placed in the back of the room, her eyes grazing the floor.
"I'm so sorry" I repeated, my eyes pleading that she'd say something.

"Hayley, I called you so many times, I texted you paragraphs, i tried so hard to keep you by my side, and you just pushed me away" the words rolled off her tongue, making me feel worse than I did before.
And I sat looking up to her light brown eyes, searching for forgiveness.

"Alex, I don't know what had gotten into me" I stood, stepping toward her, "but I can't keep living without my main source of happiness, I realized that"
"Yeah well maybe you should have realized that earlier" she sighed, shaking her head and letting her gaze fall to the floor.

I don't know what I expected to happen when I came here.
But I'm glad I came.
"Alex I love you" I mumbled, the words barely audible.

And weirdly, her face showed shock.
She stayed silent for a few seconds but then looked back into my eyes.
"Hayley I think you should leave" she whispered, I could tell this was a bad situation for her and I simply nodded my head.

"I understand, but Alexandra, I will never, never let this go. From the moment I met you to this day here, I knew that you would change me. And guess what? You have. You've changed me for the better. I can see clearly now.
I love you Alex, and even if you never want to see me again, I'll always have you in my head. I'll always stay awake late at night thinking about you, thinking about what you're doing." I paused, sighing loudly, "Alex I'll always hold on"

Unlike in those crazy chick flicks, my long and drawn out love confession speech did not work.
And she shook her head slowly.
"Hayley you sound crazy"
"Yeah well maybe I am, maybe I am one of those crazy girls" a smirk now appeared on my lips.

"Good bye Hayley" she shook her head directing me to the door.

I spun around and walked to the door, giving a weak wave before walking out and sighing loudly.
I could have punched a wall at that point.
But that'd do me no good.

I needed a solution instead of making more problems.
So I called Taylor.
"Taylor" I said after dialing his number (him picking up immediately)
"Hayley! Where are you?" He shouted into the phone as if he couldn't sleep until he got an answer.
"Um, Maryland..I'm sorry I didn't tell you gu-
"Sorry? Hayley we were worried sick about you" he fussed into the phone.

I sighed as I jogged down the stairs of Alex's apartment complex.
"Yeah I know, I'm sorry. But I've got bigger problems" I laughed dryly.
"What're you doing all the way in Maryland" his voice filled with confusion.

I walked out of the doors of the apartment complex and made my way to my rental car.
"That doesn't matter, I need you and Jeremy to catch the soonest flight here" I expressed quickly.
"You what?" He asked as if he had heard a man just speak Japanese to him.

I laughed again dryly shaking my head as I climbed into the car.
"Taylor I'll pay for it, please just get out here quick! I need your help. It's about Alex" I admitted starting the car and driving in the direction of the symphony house we played at when I first met Alex.

"I'll try to convince Jeremy, but there is no promising he'll come.. I'll see you as soon as possible" he sighed before hanging up, leaving me alone withy thoughts and my radio.

I had a grand plan and all I need now was for it to take action.

______A/N______
I KNOW THIS WAS AN EXTREMELY SHORT CHAPTER, BUT THE NEXT IS UNFORTUNATELY THE LAST jbox345 😂

TRYING TO CREATE THE BEST ENDING I CAN, HOPING ITLL ALL FALL RIGHT INTO PLACE AND MAKE A GREAT END TO THIS ROLLER COASTER OF A STORY.

ILL TRY TO UPDATE THE LAST CHAPTER BY EITHER REALLY EARLY THIS MORNING OR TOMORROW NIGHT