Chapter 17 (Nightmares to take home)

Alex's pov
Her large forest eyes stared down at me from the top of a building.
How is she so far, but yet I can still see every facial detail?
She closed her eyes as one of her feet stepped over the edge of the building.

No.

She fell.
Into my arms.
"Hayley" I whispered, for her eyes still closed and her breath hitched.
"Hayley" I again repeated as the sky got darker.

Now her eyes fluttered open.
But they were no longer forest green, now they were clear.
See through.
Crystal clear as the world around me went black and all that remained was me and her.

"Alex" she said, her voice coming out strong and rough.
"Let me go" she whispered.
Her eyes dark and making me feel cold and empty.
And that's when she slipped out of my fingertips.

She fell to the ground, which then opened to a bottomless pit it seemed to be.
I watched as she fell.
Her head thrown back, but her eyes still connecting with mine.

I could see she wanted to be let go.
She didn't need me anymore.
But it still hurt.

I dropped to my knees, banging on the floor, blackness still surrounding me.
"Hayley" I shouted as hard as I could, tears now filling my eyes.
I hit my fist against the floor harder now, watching as she continued to fall.

But the floor slowly turned into a mirror.
And all I could see was myself.
How selfish?

Now I sat, in a four sided mirror room, with one pedestal and something on top.
I got up from my knees, tears still falling from my eyes and I saw what the pedestal held.
A knife.

I picked up the knife and held it in my hand.
My shaky hands.

What to do
What to do with this knife.

I slowly held it in front of me, then bam.
Pulled it into my stomach.
Instantly regretting it, but still loving the feeling of the warm blood that began to fall.

I let out a loud scream, my body falling to the floor again, but this time lying on my back.
Looking up the the ceiling, I could see myself.
The mess I had made.

"Alex" Hayley's voice rang through the room so loud I wanted to grab my ears of pain.
"Alex" she shouted again.

"Hayley" I screamed in hopes that she'd magically appear again in this horrid illusion filled room.

"Alex" Hayley said, standing over the bed.
Her eyes red and large as she watched me quickly get up from my terrible dream.

This was the first time she had talked to me since yesterday.
Well no duh I had just woken up.
But her talking to me willingly still is something big.

"Hayley" I stuttered out, my breathing still uneasy and my chest floating up and down noticeably quick.
"Are you ok" she asked, totally emotionless.
Sounds like she really cares.

"Bad dream" I managed out, my eyes now glancing around the room taking in my surroundings.
I don't know what I expected, it's the same room I fell asleep in last night.

And how me and Hayley still sleep in the same bed without talking still confused me but I don't think too much about that as Hayley starts talking again.
"I noticed" she mumbled, her slight gap showing, sending chills down my spine.