Chapter 7

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Visitors ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

"Knock, knock."

"Granny!" Newt gasps jumping to her feet and running towards her grandmother.

"Hello to you too, Sparrow." Her grandfather says.

She rolls her eyes and walks forward pulling him into a hug too, "What are you guys doing here?"

As Tina leads her granddaughter towards her room where she can put on the kettle and make tea, Newt walks around the room making sure all the animals are being well looked after. Especially Pickett.

"How's the teacher life treating you?"

"Good, students always listen and shut up if I bring out a new creature."

Tina smiles as Newt places three mugs out for them, "Does Dumbledore know you're here?"

"It's why we didn't come straight away, we've been here all day, you know what your grandfather's like when he gets talking about those blasted creatures, doesn't shut up."

"I heard that!" Newt calls as he walks up the stairs, Rocco following behind with his worn out tennis ball in his mouth. Newt bends down and tosses it out of the room and down the stairs ready for him to chase after it.

"Did you hear the news?"

Newt raises a brow and crosses her arms over her chest, Pickett, who rests in her grandfather's pocket reaches out for her making him mumble out 'traitor' as he takes a place on her shoulder, "What news?"

"Dumbledore hasn't told you?" Tina questions.

"Told me what?"

"About the first task?"

She shakes her head turning as the kettle begins to whistle behind her, "No..."

"Dragons!"

She turns wide eyes, "No wonder Harry wanted my books on dragons," She mutters mostly to herself, "Is that why you're here?"

"What? We can't come to visit our dear granddaughter at her new job?"

She smiles brightly handing a cup of tea to both of them before walking back to the small counter an grabbing her own cup and sitting at the small table. "How many strings did you have to pull to get me this?"

"None, Dumbledore actually came to me asking if you wanted a job."

"Really?"

"Who wouldn't want an amazing, smart and beautiful young lady working for them."

"You're not taking Pickett, Newt." Tina says slapping his arm lightly.

"Worth a try."