Chapter 6

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Death and Destruction ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

"Harry Potter is dead!"

"No!"

Newt grabs a hold of Ginny brining the girl back into her for a hug as she sobs, "Stupid girl!" Voldemort yells.

"Harry Potter is dead.... Harry Potter is dead!" The Death Eaters around him begin to laugh and Voldemort smiles evilly, "From this day forth you'll put your faith in me. Harry Potter is dead! And now it's the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us...or die!"

"Draco!" Lucius yells.

Everyone looks over at the boy who stands on Hogwarts side, he looks down an avoids his father's eye, but the eye of the person he catches make him torn as he stops the foot that was going forward.

"Your own choices, Draco." Newt mouths to him.

His lip trembles as he keeps eye contact with her, "Draco, come."

"Draco," Narcissa says, "Come."

Newt goes to walk to him but Charlie stops her, "Let him make the decision." He whispers, "Just like you said, remember?"

She sighs and nods knowing he is right but doesn't take her gaze away from her distant relative.

"Draco, come."

Closing her eyes as she thinks it is the final straw Newt breaths out a sigh, but he doesn't move, his feet stay planted to the ground as he looks over at her, reopening her eyes she smiles and nods at him proudly, he nods back and turns to look at the others.

Suddenly Neville begins to limp forward with his head down and the sorting hat clutched in his hands, "Well, I must say I'd hope for better," The Death Eaters laugh again and Voldemort smirks, "And who might you be, young man?"

"Neville Longbottom." Hs speaks to the floor.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you in our rank."

"I'd like to say something."

Voldemort clenches his jaw but sighs and nods, "Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say."

Neville sighs, finally looking up, "Doesn't matter that Harry is gone-"

"Stand down, Neville!" Seamus yells from the crowd.

"People die every day!" He exclaims looking back at them, "Friends, family. Yeah... We lost Harry tonight. He's still with us. In here." He points to his heart as he looks back at the crowd. "So is Fred, Remus...Tonks...All of them. They didn't die in vain. But you will. Because you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us. For all of us! It's not over!"

He pulls the sword of Gryffindor out of the hat just as Harry kicks himself out of Hagrid's grip, dropping to the ground he sends a spell to the snake which bounces off of her and hits a few Death Eaters.

People begin to apparate away as the fight continues, "What are you doing? Come back! Come back!" Bellatrix yells out in anger.

Newt loses sight of Charlie but what she does see is a Death Eater approaching Draco, "Petrificus Totalus!"

The Death Eater falls to the floor as Newt runs over to Draco, "You okay?"

He nods his head quickly, and fires a spell at another approaching Death Eater. The duo seem to get overwhelmed by spells as three Death Eaters approach and surround them.

Working together they manage to get it down to just one Death Eater, a curse hurtles towards Draco and Newt jumps in front of him getting knocked backwards and into the wall.