Chapter 11

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Attack ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

"So, we've decided?"

Charlie nods pushing the hair from her face, wand in hand ready to apparate, "Christmas, we'll tell then."

"Two weeks."

"Two weeks." He repeats placing a kiss on her forehead before Apparating away leaving her in Grimmauld place.

~~~~~

Waking up to yelling voices coming from downstairs Newt groans, she rolls out of bed pulling on the sweater of Charlie's that he left behind for her.

Tying her hair up on top of her head she stops at the bottom of the stairs to find the Weasley children and Harry standing around, "I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be in school."

"Newt," Sirius calls running over, "It's Arthur." He whispers casting a glance over his shoulder at them.

"What?"

Ginny spots her old Professor and runs over wrapping her arms around her waist, burying her head into her chest.

She places a hand on the youngest red heads back rubbing soothing circles into her back as she guides her towards a seat.

"It'll be okay, Gin, it'll be okay." She says.

Ginny refuses to let go, her hands tightening making Newt sit down with her, she looks across to Ron who is sitting in his chair staring at his hands, Fred and George are sitting beside each other whispering to each other and Harry talks quietly with Sirius as they leave the kitchen.

"I-Is Charlie here?" Ginny asks quietly.

Newt shakes her head sadly, her grip on Ginny tightening, "He left yesterday, I'll owl him in the morning, first thing, okay?"

Ginny nods and yawns covering it with her hand, "I know about you two," She whispers making sure the others can't hear, "I mean before you kissed him in front of Umbridge, it was pretty obvious."

Newt chuckles a little, "You're not mad?"

"Nope, I think you'd be a good sister."

~~~~~

There's a popping sound in the kitchen making Newt jump up from her slouched position, Charlie appears in the kitchen looking around franticly, "Newt!"

"Shh!"

Newt looks down at Ginny who is asleep squished onto the same chair as her, moving not to wake the young girl she gets up wrapping the blanket around Ginny and quietly walking across the kitchen grabbing Charlie and taking him aside trying not to wake any other Weasley's in the process.

"W-What happened? My father? I-Is he-is he-?"

"We don't know anything yet," She says quietly placing a hand on his arm to calm his frantic stuttering, "Molly's at the hospital with him now, we're waiting on an owl to tell us what's going on."

Noticing the worry hidden behind his eyes she places a hand on his cheek making him look away from the old broken clock on the wall, "Hey," She says quietly, the softness of her usual bold voice making him look at her, "He'll be okay, Arthur is one of the toughest men I know."

Charlie nods leaning into her touch and placing a hand on top of hers linking their fingers together, he drops their hands to their side and sighs leaning his forehead against hers moving his other arm to rest on her lower back.

"Never leave me, Newt, never."

"Wouldn't dream of it."