Chapter 13

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Final Task ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

Newt hadn't spoken to Charlie in months, the pair had met a few more times in Hogsmede until one day he left, not even giving the Professor a single goodbye. She'd attended the Yule Ball-as Dumbledore would not allow her to sit in her room all night- and she had supported Harry in the second task.

After what must have been eighth date in Hogsmede Charlie left to go back to Romania, and Newt was heartbroken, not over the fact he'd left, over the fact he had left without coming to say goodbye.

He left a total of three days later not even sending a letter. And of course the stubborn ex-Slytherin will not back down first and send him a letter.

Gathering her things she walks to the Quidditch stadium ready for the last task.

"Harry." She calls.

The brunette runs over giving her a quick hug. Despite the woman being his Professor he sees her as an older sister more than a teacher, the twenty year old hugs him back and pats him on the head.

"Professor?"

"Yes, Harry?"

"Would you maybe, want to... sit in my family section?" He asks looking down, "It's just the Dursleys definitely won't be coming and you've done a lot for me over the past few months, I l-"

"Of course, Harry, I'd be honoured."

He smiles hugging her again before he gets called away by Dumbledore, she makes her way to the stands taking the one spot that had been left, a red head woman greets her happily "Oh, you must be Newt, Harry was just telling us about you. I'm Molly."

Newt offers her hand to shake but Molly hits it away and takes her into a large hug, "This is Arthur and our son, Bill."

"Nice to meet you all."

"Scamander, wouldn't happen to be old Gideon's girl?" Arthur asks.

She smiles and nods, "He was my father."

"Worked with me at the Ministry, good lad, didn't have the foggiest when it came to paper work, always turning it in late." He chuckles and Molly hits his arm.

"Arthur! I'm sure the girl doesn't want to know that."

As Molly continues to scold her husband Bill turns to the girl, "It's nice to put a face to the name," He says shaking her hand, "My brother's has told me about you," She raises a brow waiting for which brother, "Charlie."

Her eyes slightly widen at the name and she subtly looks around, "He's not here, back in Romania."

She nods and turns to look at him but before she can open her mouth to speak the sound of the canon is heard and the champions are off.

~~~~~

Harry collapses to the floor in a heap and the crowd gets to their feet all cheering loudly, Newt walks down to the field with the other teaches as she cheers loudly.

"He's back! He's back! Voldemort is back! Cedric- he asked me to bring his body back, I couldn't leave him, not there."

A hand goes over her mouth as she looks at the scene, "Out of my way! Out of my way!"

Amos pushes past her collapsing the other side of Cedric's body, "That's my son! My boy!"

"Harry," Newt says quietly placing a hand on his shoulder but the boy only holds on tighter to Cedric, "Harry." She tries again pulling him up.

When he realises who it is he turns quickly hugging her tightly around the waist, she sighs placing a hand on top his head and leading him back away from the people crowding over the body.

"It's alright, you did the right thing, Harry." She assures as he cried into her.

"Scamander," Moody calls, "I got him."

"It's fine Professor Moody," She assures tightening her grip on Harry, "I've got him, he's okay."

"Miss. Scamander," McGonagall says walking over, "Dumbledore needs you, quickly."

She nods pulling away from Harry, "I'll come find you, I promise." He nods as Moody pulls him away from the crowd.

"Where is Mr. Potter?"

She turns about to call him over but sees he is missing, "He was just-"

"Mad-Eye." The three Professor who had been gathered around, Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall rush off, with the confused Newt following after.

"Professor? What's going on?" She asks Minerva as she jogs to keep up with her determined strides.

Dumbledore raises his wand and the door to Mad-Eye's room bursts open to reveal him and Harry.

Harry stumbles back and Newt quickly wraps her arms around him moving him away from the Professor who is now sat in the chair with Dumbledore before him, "Severus..."

Snape hands over a vial of Veritaserum and Mad-Eye begins to wiggle around furiously, "Do you know who I am?"

"Albus Dumbledore."

"Are you Alastor Moody? Are ya?"

"No."

"Is he in this room? Is he in this room?"

The imposter nods his head and looks towards a case in the corner of the room, "Newton, Harry, get away from there!"

Dumbledore approaches the chest and looks inside to find the real Alastor Moody sat at the bottom, "Are you alright Alastor?"

"I'm sorry, Albus." The real Moody calls up to him.

"That's Moody, but then who's...?"

Newt grabs the bottle and takes a sniff of the inside, "Polyjuice potion." Her old potions Professor snatches it from her hand scowling when he realises she is right.

"Now we know who's been stealing it from your store, Severus. We'll get you up in a minute." He calls down to Moody.

As the other Mad-Eye groans and begins to shake in the chair Newt pushes Harry behind herself and he clings to her hand as she points her wand towards the man in the chair.

"Barty Crouch Junior."

Barty ignores everyone in the room, his gave settled on the brunette peeking out behind Newt, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Barty Jr rolls up his sleeve to reveal the dark mark on his fore arm, "Your arm Harry."

Dumbledore grabs Harry bringing him forward and revealing a large gash on his arm, "You know what this means don't you? He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned."

"Send an owl to Azkaban, think they'll find they're missing a prisoner." Dumbledore says to McGonagall who nods her head before hurrying away.

"I'll be welcomed back like a hero."

Dumbledore shrugs not giving him much thought, "Perhaps. Personally I've never had much
time for heroes."