Chapter 4

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Adoptions ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

Charlie holds the door open for Newt and she thanks him as she enters the large joke shop, the others trailing behind before splitting off into groups.

"Skiving Snackboxes?" She reads, "I swear, if a student tries to get out of my lessons with one of these your brothers will be receiving some complaints."

"If you'll read here," A voice says from behind them as Fred leans over pointing to the label, "It clearly states, 'Not to be used in any Care of Magical Creature lessons in fear of the Professor who will very likely hex the creators'."

She smirks patting him on the cheeks before walking towards the cage that holds several Pygym Puffs, put one catches her attention, a jet black Pygym Puffs stick out to her as it looks up with its large hazel eyes.

She smiles carefully taking it out to find Charlie placing a serious look on her face, "Charlie?"

He hums as he reaches up to help a little boy grab one of the Snackboxes as he couldn't reach, smiling he hands him the box and watches as he runs back to his friends, "How do you feel about adopting?"

"W-What? Adopting, I mean-uh-?" He rubs the back of his neck and blushes clearing his throat.

He relaxes slightly when she begins to giggle bringing the Pygym Puff up to meet him, "This is Paul."

"Paul?"

She nods and begins to hum a Beatles song under her breath, smiling as the Pygym Puff nods as if trying to dance along with the music, "He likes the Beatles." She shrugs, "Paul is my favourite."

Charlie chuckles holding his hand out for the small creature to hop onto his hands, "I think it's time we take our relationship to the next level." He whispers.

"Fred, George!" He shouts out and the two red heads appear instantly, "Adoption papers, please. Newton S. Scamander is the adoptive mother, and Charles S. Weasley is his adoptive father."

Fred and George share identical smirks and within in seconds they have grabbed a cage and a few items for the small creature who is sat on Newt's shoulder refusing to be in the cage.

"Mum, we're heading back to the Burrow." Charlie calls and she nods waving them off. He waits by the shop door, purchases from other shops that they had previously visited clutched in his hands, as he waits for Newt to get back.

"Harry," She calls running over to him quickly, "I'm going back to the Burrow with Charlie, I'll meet you there, alright?"

He nods and waves her off, Hermione and Ginny share grins as they watch Charlie wrap an arm around her shoulders as they walk a few steps before Apparating away together.

"Definitely dating." Ginny whispers.

Hermione nods her head in agreement, "Definitely."

~~~~~

"Isn't he just the cutest? Aren't you the best boy there is?" Newt coos at the Pygym Puff who is sat on top of Rocco.

"I thought I was your best boy." Charlie pouts and she rolls her eyes.

He leans against the counter beside her and her eyes flicker up to him and then the living room where the rest of his family are.

"My room, at midnight." He whispers into her ear before grabbing his drink and walking into the living area settling into the empty spot beside his younger brother.

Newt smiles to herself quickly wiping it away as she allows Rocco to run outside leaving the door open for a few moments before calling him back inside and closing it behind him.

She sits in the only empty spot, which just so happens to be beside Charlie. She watches as one by one everyone filters away, she goes up to, into the room with Ginny and Hermione, but she can't slip away just yet as the pair are still awake.

Changing into her pyjamas which is just a pair of silk shorts and a very thin top, she climbs into the bed, wishing the girls a goodnight but stares at the wall listening to their shallow breaths not daring to make a move until she is sure they are asleep.

Pulling off the covers she sneaks across the landing towards Charlie's room, as soon as she enters a pair of arms trap her against the door and someone kisses her passionately.

She breaks back from Charlie panting as she tries to catcher breath, "What if that wasn't me, you fool?"

"I knew it was you," He whispers back, "You have this aura, a presence demanding of attention."

"Really?"

He nods moving to wrap his arms around her as she jumps up legs around his waist, "Let me give you just that."