Chapter 8

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Research ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

"Newt?" Charlie calls out, his husky and sleep filled voice echoing through the emptiness.

He rubs his eyes sitting up with a frown between his brows as he looks around, "Newt?" He tries again sitting up fully and wincing slightly at the coldness.

He sighs swinging his legs over the side of the bed and following the sound of pages turning.

Charlie finds her sat in the middle of her classroom, many books open in front of her and piles of letters surrounding her as she writes down in a notebook, "Darlin'," He whispers making her ears tinge pink, a satisfies smirk filling his face, "What are you doing?"

He sits beside her, making sure not to touch any of the papers around her watching as she dips her quill into some ink and scribbles down onto a page, "Slughorn got me thinking-"

"Uh oh."

"I've never known much of my parents, I've heard stories of my father, because I lived with his parents, they didn't know my Mum that much, and then Sirius never really spoke of her much," She hands a photo over to Charlie which is her parents and her as a baby, "I went to the library and took out a few books on past Aurors, Quidditch players and students."

"Which one was a Quidditch player?"

"Dad," She says smiling at the image of him flying his broom, yellow robes standing out in the darkness, "Played professionally for the Canons."

He smiles handing her back the photo which she magically sticks to the notebook, "Mum was top of her year, got all the good grades, had an O or E in everything, including Divination, was on her way to becoming Head Auror, but she had me and then she had to go into hiding."

Charlie smiles pulling her body into his side and kissing the top of her head. "They're both proud of you, Newt, I know it."

"I wish I could've known them," She sighs placing her head on his shoulder as her fingers lightly trace over the image of her mother and father smiling at each other, "I'd have liked to known which one I take after."

Charlie smiles and carefully takes the image from her shaky fingers, "You look exactly like your father," He says, "Same hair, nose, smile, the same twinkle in your eyes, but you have your mother's eye colour."

She smiles picking up the next photo on the pile. It's of their wedding day, the newlywed couple lean forward placing their lips on each other's for a kiss, on one side of them stands Gideon's side of the family. Tina, Newt, Jacob, Goldie, Theseus and an old friend of is from Hufflepuff.

Then on her mother's stands the Marauders, and Regulus, Sirius holds the baby Newt in his arms smiling at her, as James has an arm wrapped around Lily's waist, behind them is Remus who is smiling at the baby in Sirius arms and Regulus stands looking at his sister, a proud smile on his face.

"How old were you there?"

"Probably about one? Maybe younger, they got married while Siri was still in school, he said the Marauders were like younger sibling's to my parents. They were always over their house in the summertime's, and Mum always stood up for Lily against the bullies."

"I think you take after your Mum," He whispers into her hair, "Standing up for others, both in Slytherin, and both beautiful."

"Did you just call my mother beautiful."

"I was calling you it, thanks for noticing." He chuckles and she rolls her eye nudging him slightly.

"Come back to bed, love," He whispers grabbing his jumper that is sat on one of the desks and sliding it carefully over her head, he pulls her hair out from the back and kisses her on the temple, "I'll help you in the morning."