Chapter 3

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ The Burrow ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

"Charlie, are you ready?" Newt asks poking her head into the bedroom to see Charlie asleep in the bed.

Rolling her eyes she jumps on top of him making him groan and jolt awake, "We're Apparating in ten minutes, if you're not ready I'll leave without you."

He yawns getting up and grabbing a pair of jeans from the floor to pull on, "Or," He drags out walking towards her and climbing on top of her, "We could be a few minutes late, have another morning like yesterday."

She rolls her eyes pushing him as she gets off the bed herself and hands him the rest of his clothes, "Just hurry up, and then maybe..."

His ears perk up and he looks up at her, "I won't leave without you." She winks and walks out as he stares after her.

~~~~~

"Oh, Newt, sweetheart, Harry arrived this morning told me you were working in Romania for the day." Molly says hugging the girl.

She smiles returning the hug to the mother-like figure. Charlie clears his throat from behind them, "Good to see you too, Mum." He says dropping his bag at the door.

Molly rolls her eyes giving him a kiss on the cheek before hurrying Newt into the kitchen to talk to the girl.

"Alright, Ron?" Charlie says ruffling his little brothers hair.

He smacks his hand away going back to staring at the chessboard, "Good to see you again, Harry."

Harry nods offering a smile but his gaze doesn't move from the chessboard, "You too, Charlie."

"Where's Dad?"

"Adding to his plug collection in the shed." Fred says coming down the stars.

"Yeah," George adds, "He hasn't stopped talking about that 'Big Book of Plugs' your girlfriend bought him."

"G-Girlfriend?" He stutters turning red in the cheeks.

The twins roll their eyes in sync, "They're talking about Newt, Charlie." Ginny says as she joins the family in the living room.

She gives her bother a quick hug and looks up at him, "Where is Newt? I thought I heard her come in."

"She's in the kitchen, does everyone in this family prefer her over me?" He asks slightly offended as the twins join Ginny on her way into the kitchen.

"Yeah."

"Pretty much."

"Absolutely."

"Sorry, Charlie."

He rolls his eyes at his siblings and settles on the sofa watching his youngest brother and his friend play Wizard's Chess.

Newt smiles at Charlie as she leans back in the chair to see him, he smiles back rolling his eyes as he gestures to Ron, she shakes her head giving him a stern look but there's still a smile on her face.

"Hope we'll see you at the shop next week, Newt." George asks sitting opposite her.

"Yeah, maybe we can get you a love potion, slip it into our brother's drink for you."

She rolls her eyes, "No thank you, but I'll be there, at the opening."

"You should see the Pygmy Puffs we have in stock," Fred says, "You'd love them."

"Do I get money off for being the best Professor you have ever had?"

"No," The say in usion, "But you do for being our sister-in-law."