Chapter 1

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ New Roommate ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

Newt sighs knocking on the door in front of her for the second time as she impatiently taps her foot against the cobbled stone.

"Yes?"

A large pudgy boy opens the door and stares up at her, "I'm here for, Harry."

His face pales and he squeaks hiding himself behind the door, "You're one of those-those freaks!"

"Look, kid, get me Harry and I'll be out of here, I owled him over a week ago telling him I'll be here today." She lies knowing full well she did indeed not owl the boy.

"I'm here!"

Harry rushes down the stairs falling over his feet as he pulls on his jacket zipping it up as far as he can, "Potter!" A booming voice calls from inside.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"Out." Harry says simply.

"Who said you can-"

"I did." Newt says grabbing Harry's arm and stepping in front of him, "Now, if you'd excuse us."

Fat chin held high he looks down at them, "And who might you be?"

"I'm-"

"She's my sister," Harry interrupts, Newt can't help but smile slightly, "Newt, let's go."

"Sister? She's not you sister."

Harry shrugs, "Well, she's as good as, better family than you lot that's for sure."

Not wanting this to go any further Newt grabs Harry again and apparates them away into an alley way in the Muggle streets of London.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asks hugging her around the waist, "I thought you were in Romania."

She sighs and pulls back, hands resting on his shoulders, "I needed to speak with you."

He looks up, concern on his face but she waves it off guiding him into a café and settling in a booth at the corner.

"Look, Harry, I know it's be hard with Sirius' death and all that, I know you only have a few years left at school and you'll be going off soon and-"

"Newt," Harry interrupts, "What's this about?"

She sighs, nervously fidgeting with her sleeve, "I just got a new place, a small apartment near Diagon Alley, there's a spare room, if you wanted to maybe leave the Dursleys, I can take acre of you, Harry."

Harry smiles widely, and gets up hugging her tightly, "Thank you, Newt."

She smiles hugging him back just as tight, "What happened to your job in Romania?" He asks pulling back.

Newt thanks the waitress who places a drink in front of them and turns back to Harry, "Oh, uh, part-time." She says smiling.

"Are you coming back to Hogwarts this year?"

"Dumbledore has asked me if I want my job back, I am yet to reply."

"Why not?" He asks.

She sighs, "There's someone I need to talk to first."

~~~~~

Newt smiles as she watches Harry scribble down a letter to his two friends in his brad new room.

The apartment she's living in isn't large, there's a small living room with a settee and arm chair, a small kitchen that's is connected to the living room with an island in the middle where three bar stools sit for them to have a place to eat.

Harry's room is next to the bathroom, he has a double bed, a desk and enough room for a wardrobe, but the difference between this one and his old room at the Dursleys is this one is filled with much more fun stuff. Books for school, moving pictures of him and his friends.

Lastly is Newt's room, the place is a mess to be put lightly. Books and research litter the one whitewall, her desk is full of pens and pieces of paper, her bed is the only thing that is not messy, it's made and sits against the window so she can look out to watch the stars at night.

Harry whistles and Hedwig files into the room from the kitchen grabbing the two letters into her beak before taking off through his open window.

"Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"I've got to go to Romania, I'll be back I about an hour, okay?"

He nods but before she can leave he gives her one last big hug, "Thank you."