❤️28🖤

Edited

Everyone gathered at Seoul National Hospital in front of the operating theatre, where a red bulb glowed above the white, blurry glass door.

Seokjin cried in Namjoon's embrace after signing the informed consent for Taehyung's surgery. The doctor explained the risks and complications involved because the bullet had hit right above the heart muscles, causing a cardiac arrest. Despite the increased risk, the major operation was necessary to stabilize the patient's temporary condition. The consent clearly stated that if anything happened to the patient unrelated to medical error, the doctor and hospital would not be held responsible. Imagine the agony of a brother signing his younger brother's life away – the consent was about life and death.

Similarly, Yeonjun found himself in a similar situation, being asked to sign an informed consent for Jungkook's surgery. Jungkook's injuries were not just external; to complicate matters further, he had two broken ribs on the left side of his torso, resulting in mild internal bleeding that required immediate treatment and surgery to prevent complications. Additionally, his right wrist was broken, his knees were extremely bruised, and he had numerous other wounds on various parts of his body. Jungkook's condition was unpredictable, and although there was a glimmer of hope with only mild internal bleeding, there was also the risk of slipping into a coma if something went wrong during the surgery. Yeonjun signed the consent form and drew closer to Soobin for comfort amidst the uncertainty.

"Everything will be alright... they both will be okay," Jimin said, offering words of comfort to Seokjin and Yeonjun, who were both deeply distraught. Namjoon and Yoongi were also devastated, having witnessed the cruelty firsthand. All they could do now was wait and hope for the best outcome for their loved ones.

Hoseok was relatively new to the circle, having joined the company along with Jungkook. However, he found himself in a unique position, as both Yoongi and Jimin constantly flirted with him, leading to him falling for both of them. Now, he was in a relationship with both Jimin and Yoongi, which deepened his connection with Taehyung and Jungkook, almost like brothers. He and Jimin had often accompanied Jungkook in the company, so he was just as heartbroken at the situation as everyone else.

"They are strong," Namjoon uttered, perhaps trying to console himself, but his words were meant to reassure everyone present.

"Let's hope for the best," Yoongi mumbled softly, as everyone settled in different parts of the corridor, seeking solace in each other's presence.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun approached them after wrapping up the chaos, assuring them that everything would be alright. They promised that Jackson would face the severest punishment the law could offer. With those words of reassurance, they departed, stating they would visit Taehyung and Jungkook after fulfilling their duty.

Hours felt like years for them. Time seemed to crawl at a torturously slow pace. When we desperately wanted time to pass quickly, it stubbornly refused to budge. Yet, when we wished to cherish onto a moment forever, time raced by like a speeding bullet train. Every time someone emerged from or entered the operating theatre, their hearts would race involuntarily, as if they were already programmed to respond to the slightest change.

As the sun rose, its warm rays filled the corridor, yet nobody took notice of it. Sleep had eluded them all throughout the night; instead, they anxiously awaited any news, longing for the red light to finally turn off. After some time, a couple, a middle-aged woman and man, entered the corridor, their worried steps echoing against the sterile walls as they made their way toward the group.

They all noticed the couple, but Seokjin was the first to react. He hurriedly went towards the lady and enveloped her in a tight hug.

"Mom..." he uttered, his voice choked with emotion. Tears welled up in the lady's eyes as she returned the embrace.