Love letter

Мahiru pov

"Shiina-san, do you know where Ayanokouji-san is?"

"Today I haven't seen him yet, but why are you asking me?"

"You live next door to him, so we thought you knew where he is." How does she know, I thought no one knew that I live next door to Ayanokouji san.

"Um, how do you know that Ayanokouji-san and I are neighbors" maybe Ayanokouji-san said it, although knowing him, it's not his style.

"After that singing competition, my friends and I decided to follow him, but I met you with him, we did not have time to run into the entrance, so we decided that you might know what happened to him"

"Well, he actually said he couldn't come today, it just slipped my mind"

"Wait, did you want to tell him something?" I started to wonder why she was so worried about him, I know that his popularity among the girls has skyrocketed, but it seems to me that this girl needs something from Ayanokouji san.

"Well...um, you know, it's pretty embarrassing, but if you want to see it, I don't mind." She took a pink envelope out of her bag and handed it to me.

"I want to confess my love to Ayanokouji san"

Her words did not surprise me, because this is not the first time girls have confessed to him, I found out about it only yesterday at dinner, we had dinner together and I decided to ask if they confessed their love to him, and to my surprise 5-6 girls confessed to him, although outwardly I am I didn't show it, but inside I felt jealous of these girls, I didn't have to be jealous of a guy before, but for some reason I didn't like that he was recognized so many times, fortunately he refused them all, so he would also refuse her, this I'm sure.

"Then how about I give him the letter, we're neighbors and I won't have any problem taking the letter to him." She looked at me thoughtfully.

"Okay, I think I can trust you, just take care of this letter as the apple of your eye, understand?!" I nodded and she handed me an envelope, I put it in one of the books so it wouldn't wrinkle.

_____

"Ayanokouji-san, it's me, can you let me in?" I heard a thud and the door opened in front of me.

"Good afternoon Shiina, did you want something?"

"Remember our math teacher's daughter?"

"Kobayashi Yoko? She seems to be popular with guys too"

"So, she wanted to confess to you, but you didn't come to school today, so I said that I could give it to you," I handed him the envelope, he carefully opened it and began to read the confession letter.

When he finished reading, he turned to me and wanted to say something but stopped, then he put his hand on his chin and began to think about something. I did not like the fact that he thinks too long, maybe he is considering her confession, the thought made my chest hurt.

"Ayanokouji-san, so you've decided what you're going to say to her?" please let him refuse her like he did with other girls.

"Yeah, I figured I should give her a try" what?! But why?! Why would he do this.

"Ahem, Ayanokouji san, can you tell me why you decided that" God, I'm like a jealous girlfriend right now.

"I have never been interested in love before, and I have never had time for it, now I think that it is quite possible and I would like to know what love is"

"Then you shouldn't make decisions so quickly, you can find a girl later, besides, such relationships do not last long, if you get attached it will be hard later on when your relationship ends"

"Hmm, then can you recommend good girls to me?" is he serious now? A sweet, beautiful, smart and well-cooked girl stands in front of him, but he doesn't even notice me, doesn't he really see me as a good girl, from the mere thought that he sees only a friend in me breaks my heart.

"I'm sorry Ayanokouji san but I don't have such good connections and I think I should go, thanks for everything" as I was about to run he grabbed my arm.

"Please let me go!"
I tried to take his hand away from me.

"Mahiru" I stopped resisting.

"What?"

"Mahiru" my heart skipped a beat when he called my name.

"Mahiru, I've decided that I'm going to refuse her anyway" huh? What did he say?

"What? But why?"

"I think you're right when you said I shouldn't be in a hurry" I was very happy to hear those words from him.

"Also, Mahiru, do you mind granting my request?"

"Which is your request"

"Then, do you mind going out with me this weekend?" A? I thought he asked me out on a date.

"Um, could you repeat that one more time?"

"Do you mind going out with me this weekend?" Oh my God?! He actually asked me out on a date!

"But why me?"

"You're the only girl I'm on good terms with and you're the only one I could ask out on a date, I just wanted to be ready to date a girl" I was glad to hear that he trusts me more than other girls.

"OK, I do not mind."

"Thank you.."

"But, I want you to fulfill my request"

"If I have the opportunity, I will do it"

"Then, from today I want us to call each other by their first names"

"I don't have a problem with that"

"Fine, then I hope you take good care of me on the date, Kiyotaka"

"I'll try, Mahiru"

"Okay, then I'll go." I was about to leave but Kiyotaka took my hand again.

"Dinner is almost ready, you can join if you want, there's enough food for both of us" Wow, I didn't know that Kiyotaka could cook.

"I think I still have time to clean up, but in the meantime, I can have a bite to eat"

"Then sit down at the table, I will bring food soon"

_____