Date

The days flew by quickly and the long-awaited day arrived for Mahiru, today she was supposed to have a date with his neighbor, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

This boy has always been a mystery to him, his face devoid of emotion and his dead eyes that seemed to look into your soul. And today she could get to know him better, Mahiru herself did not understand why he was drawn to him, before there was nothing like this with her.

The previous days she was looking for clothes for her date, at the moment she was preparing dinner, Ayanokouji said that the date would be in the evening.

____

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka:

Kiyotaka picked up his new suit from the dry cleaners and placed it carefully on a hanger. Today he was supposed to face Mahiru and he wanted to look his best. He checked his hairstyle in the mirror, ran his hand through his hair. Everything seems to be in place. Kiyotaka was a little worried since it was his first date. He promised Mahiru to have a good time and he hoped he could deliver.

Shiina Mahiru:

Mahiru was worried. She chose a new dress for her date with Kiyotaka that she bought a few days ago. Mahiru spent a lot of time on her hair, but she still couldn't figure out how best to style her hair. She alternated hairstyles and even tried a new styling. Then she went into the living room to wait for Kiyotaka and delivered flowers in a vase on the sofa. She hoped that Kiyotaka would be happy to see her outfit and smile.

____

Kiyotaka arrives for a date. He is waiting for Mahiru at the corner of the street. The sun had already disappeared below the horizon, and the evening became cooler. Kiyotaka looks around to make sure everything is in place. He checked his hair, tightened the belt of his trousers, and stepped aside so as not to disturb passers-by.

Minutes dragged on, but then Kiyotaka saw her. Mahiru was wearing a white dress and seemed to be a source of light in this dark world. Her big eyes and snow-white smile caught Kiyotaki's attention. When she approached him, he greeted her and complimented her.

"You look lovely" Ayanokouji said, Mahiru smiled and blushed.

"Thank you, you look really good too" Mahiru said after exchanging compliments Ayanokouji held out his hand. Mahiru took his hand, after which Ayanokouji led her to a cafe.

After they had walked a few meters, Kiyotaka took out some flowers from his bag. They are caramel-colored, similar to Mahira's eyes. He handed her the bouquet, which was a pleasant surprise. She smiled and gratefully accepted the flowers.

They went to a cafe that Kiyotaka had chosen in advance to create a good atmosphere. The cafe was almost empty, and the lights were dimmed, which made everything even more cozy. They sat down at the table and ordered drinks. During their conversation, Kiyotaka began to feel that the date was on a better path. He forgot about everything that was in his head and launched into a wave of relationships.

They chatted and drank their drinks. Kiyotaka began to notice that Mahira was paying more attention to him than usual. She told him about her life, goals and dreams. Ayanokouji listened with interest. He supported her and expressed his opinion on everything she said, creating complete unanimity.

They walked a little more, until it was quite late. They passed by the castle, which shone with beautiful lights and was closed by the people. They froze to watch this spectacle, silently enjoying the beautiful evening.

He could not resist, and without realizing it, he hugged her shoulders and kissed her head. Mahiru froze in shock, her mind racing, she was about to open her mouth to speak.

"Sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me." Ayanokouji cut her off before she spoke.

"N-no.. it's okay, it was just unexpected" Mahiru said, she smiled and took his hand.

At that moment, Ayanokouji's heart skipped a beat and inside he felt a strange feeling, it wasn't like surprise or disgust, rather he felt a strange warmth inside him. He remembered what Sakayanagi mentioned about human warmth.

"Apparently this is the warmth that Sakayanagi was talking about..." muttered Ayanokouji.

"Did you say something to Kiyotaka?"

"No, you must have imagined," she nodded and did not continue to ask about it.

They stood there for another 15 minutes, then they returned home holding hands.