Second New Year

The new day for Ayanokoji and Mahiru began in a special way. Today was December 31, New Year's Eve. It was their second joint New Year, and they were both looking forward to it.

Gently freed from the arms of his beloved, he went to the bathroom to refresh himself. Then, cheerfully stepping through the snow-covered streets, he went for a run. Easy warm-up, and now Ayanokoji is immersed in the rhythm of the exercises.

Returning home, he found Mahira having trouble at the stove. The fragrant breakfast has already attracted with its warmth.

- Good morning, Kiyotaka! - I heard from the kitchen.

- Thank you, Mahiru, and good morning to you - said Ayanokoji.

- Breakfast will be ready in a couple of minutes. Hurry up with the shower - Mahiru grumbled affectionately.

Ayanokoji nodded and went to the shower with a smile.

Breakfast was held in an atmosphere of love and comfort. Mahiru skillfully prepared lush pancakes, fragrant coffee and freshly squeezed juice. Saturated and charged with each other's warmth, they decided to walk through the snow-covered park.

There was a festive atmosphere in the park. Life was boiling everywhere: children sculpted snowmen, played snowballs, and adults decorated a huge Christmas tree with colorful toys and garlands.

Ayanokoji and Mahiru, fascinated by the festive decoration, approached the Christmas tree decorated with colorful toys. Artificial gifts were piled up under the Christmas tree, creating an atmosphere of magic.

- How beautiful! - Mahiru exclaimed with delight, shining with a dazzling smile.

- Yes, very - Ayanokoji tenderly agreed, looking at his beloved. - But do you know what's the most important thing on this magical evening?

- What? - asked Mahiru curiously, looking into his eyes.

- That we are celebrating this holiday together, - Ayanokoji hugged her by the shoulders, and she pressed against him.

- I'm so glad you're with me - she whispered, lulled by the knock of his heart.

- And I'm glad, my love. More than you can imagine - he pulled her to him and kissed her gently.

The walk through the snow-covered park continued. The frosty air pinched their cheeks, but Ayanokoji and Mahiru didn't notice it. They were passionate about the conversation and didn't pay attention to the cold.

Suddenly, a snowball flew out from behind the tree, flying straight to Mahiru. Ayanokoji, without hesitation, deftly beat him off with his hand. The snow fell to the ground, leaving a small fluffy trail behind.

The girl screamed in surprise and turned around. At that moment, she saw who threw a snowball at them. Ayanokoji's gaze got cold when he recognized this man. Mahiru also frowned and stared with a serious look at the one who dared to break their idyll.

- What are you doing? - Hosen asks Ayanokoji in an icy tone.

- Why, don't you like it? - Hosen smirks, barely hiding the trembling in his voice.

- I don't like it - Ayanokoji answers coldly, not taking his icy look off him. - You're acting like a child.

- Ha! - Hosen snorts. - Aren't you a child yourself? Forever with such a serious face, as if the whole world is on your shoulders.

- Enough already, - Mahiru intervenes. - Do you have nothing to do but throw snowballs?

- Oh, oh, - Hosen imitates her. - Is someone upset?