New Year part 2

____

"What are you doing here... Matsuo"

"Long time no see Kiyotaka-sama, I see you are surprised by my sudden visit" said the man named Matsuo.

"Kiyotaka, do you know this person?"  Mahiru asked.

"Oh, where's my manners, sorry. My name is Matso, I'm Kiyotaka-sama's butler" After introducing himself, he placed his hand on the left side of his chest, bowed to her lightly and elegantly.

"Are you Miss, what are you to Kiyotaka-sama?"  asked the butler.

"W-well... I... I'm his girlfriend." He looked at Mahiru in surprise, then at Ayanokouji.

"So you managed to find your life partner, Kiyotaka-sama, I'm very happy for you"

"Thanks Matsuo, but I'd like to know how you ended up here, my father said you were..." Matsuo gestured for him to stop.

"I'm sorry young lady, but we need to talk about something important, the details of which you shouldn't know. We'll be right back." Mahiru looked at Ayanokouji waiting for his agreement, seeing that he nodded, she went to the kitchen to get a broom to clean up the broken glass.

Leaving the apartment, Maruo closed the door behind him and they moved further away so that she definitely wouldn't hear.

"So what exactly do you want to know Kiyotaka-sama"

"Tell me how you survived and managed to hide from my father, I assume that you faked your death, but given what my father is like, he would have checked seven times before jumping to conclusions"

"You are right Kiyotaka-sama, such a trick would not work with him, but I did it with the help of one of my acquaintances"

"Familiar?"

"I had a twin brother from birth, we were like two drops of water, in childhood my brother and I often liked to joke about our friends, because of our similarity, even our parents confused us"

"But when we grew up, my brother got health problems, the doctors said that my brother would die before he celebrated his 60th birthday. And it turned out that his 58th birthday was the day I was supposed to die, I often told him about you,  and about how he would like to save you, he offered to sacrifice himself instead of me, despite my protests, he convinced me to agree with this decision, after which he burned his own body"

"I was hiding in his house, since he lived alone in a big house, Eichiro and I could live there without any problems. This continued until I heard the news of your father's death, it was hard for me to believe that he had died, but my acquaintance by name  Sakayanagi Narumori confirmed this information."

"I wanted to visit you, but Eichiro had trouble getting into school so I didn't have time to look for you. Luckily, Sakayanagi helped me find a place where you study, so I decided to surprise you and surprise you, although you surprised  me when that miss said she was your girlfriend" as soon as Matsuo finished, Ayanokouji opened his mouth to speak.

"Matsuo, I'm so sorry. Because of me, you lost your relative, because of me, your son couldn't study properly, and because of me, you had to live in fear that this person might find you."

Ayanokouji knelt down and laid his head on the ground.  "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" Matsuo stood dumbfounded by his sudden action, regaining his senses he quickly began to lift him off the ground.

"Get up Kiyotaka-sama, you don't have to bow to me like that, and I don't hold on to you so please raise your head" Matsuo said as he lifted him off the ground.

____

Meanwhile, Mahiru was standing near the door, putting her ear to the door trying to hear their conversation.  When she found out that this man was her boyfriend's personal butler, she had the idea in her head that he was also from a wealthy family and apparently he also had problems with his parents.

Hearing footsteps approaching, Mahiru quickly moved away from the door and returned to the living room.  Ayanokouji and Matsuo soon returned.

"Sorry for the delay miss, we've already finished"

"It's okay Matsuo-san, and my name is Shiina Mahiru. You can call me by my first name."

"In that case, I will call you Mahiru-sama, and also I want to apologize, if I knew that Kiyotaki-sama had a girlfriend, I would definitely grab a gift for you too"

"You don't have to apologize, I'm not the least bit offended"

"Ahem... ahem... how about we continue the party" Ayanokouji said interrupting their conversation.

____

Mahiru suggested that Matsuo try her handmade dishes, he politely refuses saying that he had already eaten at home.  After that, they look at the New Year's illumination from the window and enjoy the fireworks that have already begun.  Ayanokouji put his arm around Mahiru's shoulders and kissed her on the cheek, the girl herself was red with shame because there was another person nearby who was watching them with amusement.

After that, Matsuo told Mahiru how he looked after our protagonist, while Ayanokouji takes out the special decoration that Mahira wanted.

"Mahiru" the guy said, the girl turned around and saw the lamp she wanted to buy.  “K-kiyotaka… where did you get that lamp from? Don’t say that…” the girl said in shock.

"Yes, I bought it, because you liked it very much, so I decided to give it to you"

"But you said you didn't have enough money for yourself, you shouldn't have spent so much money because of me"

"It's okay, I just wanted to make you happy, isn't that what all guys want for their girls?" She smiled happily and carefully picked up the lamp and placed it on the table.

"I think it's time for me, thanks for your hospitality." Matsuo bowed politely and took his suitcase.

"Are you leaving already Matsuo?"

"Sorry so Kiyotaka-sama, I have to go home before Eichiro has a party there"

"I'm sorry, I wanted to hang out with you more," Mahiru said dejectedly.  "Don't worry Mahiru-sama, I will visit Kiyota-sama every day, and I can stop by for a while"

"In that case, see you tomorrow Matsuo-san."

"Of course Kiyotaka-sama, Mahiru-sama thank you again and see you soon"

"See you later, Matsuo/Matsuo-san," the two said at the same time.  Matsuo then left the apartment and headed towards the elevator.

____