Return of strawberry-chan

Ayanokoji woke up as usual, being the first one up. He carefully slipped out of his girlfriend's embrace and headed to the bathroom, going through his morning routine before heading out for a run.

It had been almost three months since he started these workouts to get back in shape. Of course, they weren't as intense as the ones in the White Room, but even for a sporty guy like him, they were challenging.

Returning home, Ayanokoji took another shower, this time just to freshen up. Afterward, he made his way to the kitchen. As he entered, ready to prepare breakfast, he suddenly heard a kitten meowing. Walking over to the source of the sound, he spotted his fluffy companion standing by the food bowl, demanding attention with its golden eyes.

Approaching the spot where the cat's food bowl stood, Ayanokoji retrieved a packet of cat food from the cupboard and carefully opened it. Then, he took a scoop and filled the bowl with the right amount of food, paying special attention to ensure the portion was balanced and met his pet's daily needs. He then placed the bowl in front of the kitten, which immediately started eating.

Meanwhile, Mahiru woke up to the gentle touch of sunlight streaming through the curtains. She stretched and smiled, feeling the warmth and comfort of her bed. Getting out of bed, she headed to the bathroom, where she spent a few minutes showering and going through her morning routine. Afterward, she emerged from the bathroom feeling refreshed and energized.

Mahiru made her way to the kitchen, following the appetizing smells already filling the space. Upon entering, she was greeted by a cute sight: the kitten perched on Ayanokoji's shoulder as he prepared breakfast. Her heart melted with affection as she watched the scene unfold. With a smile on her face, she approached to join them, savoring the moment.

After breakfast, they cleaned up together and washed the dishes, chatting away. Once everything was tidied up, they prepared to leave for school. Locking the kitten in its cage to ensure its safety and comfort in their absence, they made the final preparations and stepped out of the house.

***

"Good morning, class. I have some exciting news for you today. We have a new student transferring to our school directly from ANHS, just like our Ayanokoji," announced the teacher cheerfully, leaving Ayanokoji surprised, along with the rest of his classmates.

"You may come in," she said, and the classroom door opened, revealing a girl with a slender figure and pink hair.

"?!" For some reason, Mahiru felt a sense of danger and noticed Kiyotaka glancing at her.

"Ichinosé?!" the boy thought.

The guys cheered happily upon seeing the new student, and she awkwardly smiled and waved in response.

"My name is Honami Ichinosé. Nice to meet you all. I hope we'll all get along," the girl introduced herself.

"Alright, you can sit behind Ayanokoji," the teacher nodded, and the girl happily made her way to her seat.

"It's been a while, Ayanokoji-kun," the girl said as soon as she sat down. Ayankoji turned to her and replied:

"Likewise, Ichinosé. How about we talk after class?"

"Sure, I'm fine with that."

After class, the students surrounded Ichinosé, asking her questions.

"Kiyotaka," Mahiru said seriously, "Let's go. We need to talk." Ayanokoji didn't say anything, just nodded in agreement.

Ichinosé saw Ayanokoji leaving with some girl and felt a surge of jealousy inside her.

"Sorry, guys, but I need to talk to someone," Ichinosé got up and hurried after them. Finally, she caught up with them and stopped in confusion, watching Ayanokoji and Mahiru.