Chapter 15

I grabbed a hold of her hand and squeezed so hard I probably cut off her circulation. She was still smiling, not showing me whether she was in pain or not. If I could get out of here, I could help save Nicole. We could be free. We could go back to France or some far off island where no one could find us.

"How-" I was cut off by her shushing me and her holding a finger up to her lip. I understood then why she was making me be quiet. They could hear us. I could see it now, as if the scene was playing out before me. They would have been listening to us the whole time, waiting to see if we would slip up and say something. Once we did, they would come out here, snatch us up, and take us somewhere secluded where they would mark and mate us. We would never leave then. Confined solely to the room or house they boarded us up in.

I nodded my head and looked at her eagerly. She was my lifeline. She would get me out of here; I could feel it. Just then, a door down the hallway opened and the four wolves ushered out. I looked over to them, the Beta and the Gamma, Noah, were laughing and hitting each other on the back while the other wolf and Axle held a stern, grim look. I reached Axle's eyes, and they softened a little at my expression. I'm not sure myself what my face held but I could feel the excitement at the idea of getting out of here raining over me. Emily skipped over to the living room then, interrupting whatever feelings were starting to arise in the Alpha.

"Dinners ready! Oh, hello Ava. Why didn't you come say hi to me in the kitchen?"

The woman, Ava, stood up then from the couch and crossed the room over to Emily. Ava patted her on the head and gave her a consoling look, "I was just introducing myself to the new girl over there." She signaled her head toward me as I gave her and Emily a dead look. Emily looked up at Ava and smiled wide, preening at the attention Ava was giving her.

"Well come on I'm starving. You know how much I love your cooking." Ava patted her stomach and shooed Emily to the Kitchen. The men followed behind her and I stayed on the couch, waiting. Axle walked over to me then and rounded the corner of the couch, he held his hand out to me and I looked at it and then up to his eyes.

"Come on, love. It's time to eat."

Let him take care of you.

I sighed and put my hand in his. As we made our way over to the dining room, I could smell the food wafting in my face. Damn this woman could cook. Axle leads me over to the head of the table and has me sit in the spot next to him. Aiden is sat on the opposite head as the others make up the long sides of the table. As everyone started to pass the bowls and plates of food around, I noticed that Ava was sandwiched between Emily and her mate. The man wore a scowl as Ava ignored him, every chance he got to talk to her was taken by a change in conversation and her sole attention on others, Emily mostly.

I continued to watch her the whole dinner, even as Axle tried to shovel food onto my plate. He kept asking me what I liked and what I wanted, but all I would give him is a nod or hum to indicate my approval. As dinner seemed to die down, I realized that I was the only one left with a plate full of food. I looked at the others with panic and embarrassment. I had been so focused on Ava I had not kept up with my eating.

"It's okay, love. Eat at your own pace, no one will rush you. Once you're done, we can move on to dessert."

I nodded and began to eat faster than what I was previously eating at. While they waited for me to finish, I heard Ava's sharp tone cut through the air.

"Stop touching me!" She hissed.

The man next to her snarled, angered by her tone and the way she flinched from his touch. "Calm down." He sneered.

The table was silent at their little burst of an argument and after the short pause, Ava let out a huff of breath and focused her attention back on Emily. At an attempt to change the subject, Emily began to discuss another topic at the table that seemed to be related to supernatural's.