Chapter 32

The week seems to go by in a blur. I spend most of my days at Ava's place and stay late every other day. I make it a point to go back to the annex early enough on some days to have dinner with Axle because I know that that will keep him sated while I talk with Ava. We don't really discuss the details of the escape since Noah and Samantha are always nearby listening but it's nice to be by someone who understands me and knows where I'm coming from.

Sometimes when I stay longer than I'm supposed to at Ava's Enforcer Garren will come and make disgruntled faces. I can tell he doesn't like that I'm constantly there, but I can also tell that he appreciates it. Noah once told me on our walks back that the Enforcer is irritated that he has less time with his mate since I'm there but grateful that Ava has someone to laugh with. One time he came into the house while we were playing one of her many board games and we were having such a great time that we didn't hear him come in. Ava was dying of laughter as I made blunder after blunder on one of her games when the Enforcer walked in. When he saw her laughing and having a good time his lips lifted up into a smile. I was surprised his face could do that.

Of course, it quickly ended when Ava noticed he was in the room, and it went all downhill from there. This morning when I woke up, I did my usual routine and got ready to go over to Ava's, but when I made it down the steps, I noticed that Noah's face was pretty grim.

"What? What is it?"

"They are going to be getting ready for the celebration tomorrow. I don't think it will be possible for you to go to Ava's. She may be able to come here though I doubt she'll want to."

"Why do I have to be here? I thought it was supposed to be a surprise."

"It is, but, well, this type of thing is a formal gathering and as such you have to wear formal attire. The Alpha has sent over a seamstress to help you get measurements for your dress. She has been instructed to work until it is ready tomorrow evening."

"He's going to make her work for over 24 hours to get this dress done?"

"Well Belinda already has most of it down she just needs to take down certain things to confirm, but the Alpha has provided her with ample amounts of time and references."

"When will she be here?"

Noah scratches the back of his head and make and awkward face as he says, "She's already here. She's grabbing her things now to come inside."

I roll my eyes in irritation and give Noah a tired look. This is going to be a long day.

If standing here doing nothing was exhausting, I can't imagine how the dressmaker must feel. Belinda's (the dressmaker) been nice enough, but I can tell she's getting aggravated with my constant moving. The dress is nice and flowy with lace flowers cascading down it. It's a pastel green with spaghetti straps. The dress is magical and likely something I could never afford in my wildest dreams. As the lady fluffs out my dress I begin to slump with boredom; the dress was made already and is just being tailored to me for "elegance" as she put it. After she's done with the fluffing, she looks at the dress seemingly pleased by her creation.

"You look beautiful, Luna."

"This will be a night you never forget."

Yeah, I know.

"Thank you, I appreciate all the hard work you put into this dress. It's amazing."

She gives me a bashful nod and looks at me sheepishly. "Would you like to see it?"

"Uh, sure."

She stands up and offers her hand to me to help me walk. She uses her other hand to grab a hold of the dress and gestures with her eyes for me to do the same. I pick up a section of the dress and head towards the body length mirror in the spare room we are in. The mirror hangs off the back of the door and once I'm in front of the mirror my face turns to shock. The only time I had ever seen a dress like this was in a photo my mother had shown me long ago of her at the prom and even that wasn't as nice as this one.