Chapter 48

Everyone's faces turns to shock as we hear the sounds of guns go off. We are all frozen until a bomb somehow is set off cause in the floor to shake. During this time it allows for Darrel to lunge towards Samuel catching him by surprise. There's a struggle and I can still hear Darrel snarling as they struggle for the gun. I look over to the doctor who is looking at them in horror and back up against the wall nearly cowering against it.

"Boys, boys, there's no need to fight. Besides the wolves will be here soon enou-" Before Moira can finish her sentence the gun goes off and I can hear a gasp in the corner of the room, likely the doctor in fear.

Even though I'm scared to look down I do. Horror crosses over my face as I see both Samuel and Darrel lying side by side one another. Samuel is gasping for breath but when I check him over I don't see a bullet wound. I hear a grunt and look over to Darrel who is trying to drag himself up into a sitting position. His arm is across his body holding onto his lower stomach. His eyes make contact with mine and when I look back down to his hand I can see the blood seeping through the cracks of his fingers.

"Oh no! The pretty boy got shot! What a shame!" Moira exclaims.

I turn to look over at her and shoot her a glare to which she puts her hands in surrender. I go down toward where Darrel is struggling to sit and help him up. I prop him up into a sitting position as he eyes me wearily.

"Don't look at me like that. You're the one who was hiding something from me." I say.

He lets out a small laugh that ends in a gasp of pain, "My bad but I didn't exactly know you either."

"Fair enough." I say.
He lets out a chuckle that ends in him groaning. I reach my hands out toward him to help him keep the pressure, "Don't worry, I'm gonna get you out of here and get you help-"

I feel the cold press of metal against my head and I know that Samuel has his gun pressed to my head, "Sorry, but that won't be happening. This vermin is going to go through interrogation and testing and I can't have you stepping in. Mainer get the rope out of my drawer and tie this thing up." Samuel gives Darrel a sharp kick and Darrel lets out a groan of pain.

Anger flares through at his actions and before I can think I re-act, "Screw you," I spit out, "your nothing but a sniveling little pansy. Axle was right." I sneer.

"Oh would you look at that? So you are a dog lover. Tell me, have you let him touch with his mangy hands. Maybe let him pierce your neck. You belong to him don't you."

"Fuck you." I snarl.

"Aw, by the time I'm done with you. You'll be begging me to stop."

Darrel lets out a feeble growl that ends in a cough. Samuel positions the gun to be under my neck and puts his hand in my hair to grip it. My head is yanked back until I'm looking up into his eyes. His eyes are gleaming with malice and I stare back into his soulless eyes with a rage I've never felt before.

"He'll come for you. Once he knows what you've done to me. He'll make sure you suffer. And make no mistake, he'll make it hurt."

Samuel gives me an even wider smile filled with hate. He doesn't look over to the doctor but motions his head toward his direction.

"Mainer, get the rope from out of my bottom cabinet and tie that thing up." Samuel motions his head over to Darrel and I try to turn my head to check on him, but I'm yanked by my hair before I can even twist my head.

"Sir I...I don't think I can tie him up." I hear a shaky voice say.

"Of course you can. Now get the rope and tie him up." Samuel orders.