My Boys - chapter 1

"Nevaeh! Let me check your grades!"

"Okay!" I shouted from my room with a sigh. My mom checks my grades so often knowing damn well I'm going to get straight A's. My family says they are just protecting me and my friends... Live in la. My brother will forever be my best friend. Along with Sam and Colby. I was in grade 7 when Jake first introduced me to them. I was so scared they weren't gonna like me but they did. They were freshman at the time and when I got to highschool they always sat with me at lunch. Until they left.

"Nevaeh! Get your ass in here now!"

"Im coming I'm coming"

"Next time hurry the fuck up!"

I can feel my eyes start to burn.

"I'm sorry."

"You are always fucking sorry! Sorry doesn't cut it!"

The audacity my mom has is insane.

"Where's your laptop?!"

I hand her my laptop with my grades pulled up.

"You have 6 missing assignments?! Really?!"

"I'm sorry mom school is a lot to handle."

I inwardly sigh. She should know how hard school is because she dropped out and her best friend had to drag her to school every day! It's not fair how harsh she is on me.

"Yeah well the world is a lot to handle and you won't get far if you have all these missing assignments!"

"I'll get them done. I can handle my self."

"Whatever, give me your phone and laptop. Oh and your grades are usually good but you suck as a person."

And with that she walked away and I ran to my room sobbing into my pillow for what feels like hours. My cat had curled into my side At some point to try and comfort me.

"It's too much. It's all too much"

I whisper to myself. My voice cracking mid sentence. I quietly ran to the bathroom down the hall from my room with my kit in hand. I silently close the door and pull the box cutter from the kit. I remember when I got the box cutter for a chemistry project. It was my favorite class and I didn't have a partner to work with but I didn't mind. I make cuts on my already cut arm.

One for my mom being so cruel.

One for my dad always agreeing with my mom.

And a bunch for every problem I find in myself.

The stinging felt nice. When the blood mixes with my tears I start to feel alright. I feel like I have a tiny bit of control. I chose if I am alive or not. I run the water and clean my cuts. The soothing stinging washes over me again. I start to think about how I got here as a bandage my wounds. Jake's mom was always so sweet but she left dad because he cheated on her and had me. My dad had custody over me and mom kept Jake.

I cuddle with my cat in my bed while reminiscing.

Every weekend I would be at their house to hang out with Jakey. Sometimes Sam and Colby would come over too. When they left. They took a piece of me with them. My most important one. My happiness. My door opened and I didn't even notice my happiness was standing right there. A tear rolls down my check and I just let it fall thinking no one is there. Jake walks over to me and asks me if I'm okay while he hugs me.

"Yeah I just was really missing you."

"Well we are here now!" Colby shouts.