My boys - Chapter 21

Shay's pov~
Trigger warning ⚠️
And they were gone. They appeared out of nowhere and it's like they disappeared. I did as I was told and hid my phone. I grabbed my iPod that my parents don't know about and connected it to my speaker. I got in the shower and listened to the music to try and stop my thoughts that were all over the place.

Well the shower didn't help so I decided to write down all the things we did so I could have those moments forever.

My favorite moment was probably listening to music and dancing with my family. It's the best feeling ever.

It's now 8:46 and my mom just got home.

"Hello?" I heard her call out.

"Welcome home mom!" I say as enthusiastically as I can hoping that will lessen the load of what ever shit she's about to pull.

She walked into my doorway and leaned on the frame. She didn't say anything so I sparked up a conversation.

"I bet you are exhausted would you like me to make you some tea?" I offered.

"What's you up to?" She questioned getting suspicious.

"Nothing I just wanted to show you how grateful I am for you letting the boys stay." I replied truthfully.

"You are welcome and I would like some tea actually." She responded making my jaw internally drop.

"Sure." I got up and walked over to the kitchen and made the tea as she sat at the table.

"Are you going to leave me for those boys?" She asked throwing me off.

"Uhm.. mum I don't think that matter right now." I responded, my voice almost a whisper.

"Just tell me the his dam truth!" She yelled and slammed her hand on the table.

I handed her the tea and stood in the hallway next to my bedroom door. I've never felt comfortable in "shared spaces" around the house accept the bathroom. Every single time I'm in a shared space or even just in sight I get yelled at. I can feel she's about to lose her shit.

"Yes I'm going to move out once I can afford to. Not for the boys-"

"Bullshit! That's bullshit! All I ever did was the best for you and you're gonna leave me behind!?" She screeched.

If I say something I'll get kicked out again. If I run to my room I'll lose my door. If I leave the house the locks will be changed when I get back.

So I just stand and listen even as she gets in my face. I try my hardest not to cry but the past few hours were too much to handle. I let a few tears slip.

"Yeah cry like the little bitch you are!" She shouted pointing her finger at me.

"Not gonna say anything huh lil nigga!?" (She's black y'all)

And then she slapped me.

"That's for being a hoe!" She shouted an stormed off to her room.

Once her door was shut I instantly ran to my room and grabbed my phone from the book shelf, snapped a picture and was about to send it to Jake but I don't want him to worry.

A/n this chapter involves abuse. If you are experiencing such call a hotline. But real talk. Have some evidence even fresh bruises work. Make sure there is a reason to believe you because adults are stupid. Stay safe love you all <3