My boys - Chapter 37

Sam's pov~

Colby and I are currently in the u-haul. It's only been a few weeks since we confessed but we basically are together.

Or maybe I'm delusional.

But he has his hand on my thigh as we head to Shay's parents house to pack her stuff.

He's so sweet to me. He is always around me now weather he is editing or just hanging out. He took me out to diner twice in the past two weeks. Well we went to chick-fil-a once to prove my point but it still counts.

"Sam?" Colby asked glancing at me then back at the road.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I questioned.

"Honestly?" I asked.

"Honestly." He agreed.

"You." I answered.

"What about me?"

"How sweet you are to me." I looked out the window, my face turning a shade of pink.

"Well of course. I love you Sam." He said also turning a shade of pink.

"I love you too Colby." My smile growing as I replied.

He doesn't just like me he loves me!

The rest of the short drive we spent in a comfortable silence. His hand remained on my thigh until we reached the house. We climbed out of the U-Haul as Shay and Jake pulled up.

"Alright we've got a lot of work to do!" Shay shouted as she closed the car door.

"Yeah but we got this!" Colby gripped her shoulders and reassured with a smile.

We entered the house and got to work. Shay and I packed her clothes while Jake and Colby packed her decorations and other small things around the room. We've decided to buy new furniture and bedding.

"Shay should we pack your books?" Jake asked.

"Absolutely the fuck not! Thank you but no I can't afford any messed up pages." She said with a giggle. I can't help but smile at her laugh.

"We're done with the clothes anyway." I add, closing the last box and taping it shut.

"Perfect we'll take those to the u-haul and maybe Shay will let you help with the books." Colby said with a chuckle.

They took the eight boxes of clothes and other things to the u-haul as Shay and I packed her beloved books.

"Alright that's the last of them!" Shay exclaimed with a big smile on her face as she sealed the last box. Colby picked it up and brought it outside and we followed him. Shay carried Virgo to the car in her arms with a blanket so she wouldn't get fur on the back seat of the "rental" car.

Two hours later it was 5 pm and we already put all the boxes in the apartment. It was a on the third floor so thank god for the elevator. We are now headed to Walmart to buy a few air mattress for the night because it is getting late.

"Oo Oo can we get snacks!?" Shay questioned jumping up and down.

"Oh yeah I'll grab the mattress you guys get snacks and water." Jake delegated.

"You sure you are good alone? I can go with you." I questioned.

"Nah I'm good. Meet at the register in 15!" He shouted and rode away on the cart.

"I'm gonna grab another cart real quick." Colby said and jogged away. Shay grabbed my hand and we walked towards the snacks. We adjusted our hands so our fingers were interlocked as Colby returned with a cart and a case of water bottles. While shay grabbed goldfish Colby raised and lowered his eyebrows at me making my face start to burn up.

"Oh hey Colby!" She turned around and threw the goldfish in the cart. Extra cheddar of course.

Shay continued to hold my hand and she linked her arm with Colby's while he was pushing the cart. We continued to grab snacks and then we met Jake at the register. We paid for the two air mattresses and food then headed back to the apartment.

We were greeted by Virgo who was feeling cuddly. We set up the air mattresses and headed to bed because we had no towels. We also forgot blankets so we only had the two small fuzzy blankets Shay packed.

Colby and Shay slept on one king sized mattress and Jake and I slept on the other one. Jake fell asleep quickly and as we laid in the living room in silence Shay called my name.

"Come cuddle with us." She muttered half asleep and I slid in bed with them and wrapped my arms around Shay's waist. She had her arm over Colby's back and she interlocked her Ginger's with mine.

Back in my arms where she belongs.

A/n I'm not back yet but here's a chapter for ya. I've got Ap testing this week 😬🫣😔