My boys - Chapter 5

Colby's pov
"We are at an escape room okay!? Stop with the puppy eyes!" I said giving in.

"Really!? This is gonna be so much fun!" Nevaeh shouted jumping up and down. I took my arm off of her so she can be excited without me restraining her.

"Your forgetting we are gonna be stuck with Jake in a room." Sam says.

"As long as you guys are there I will be fine." She says and link arms with Sam and I. She started skipping and Sam and I joined in, leaving Jake behind. We started laughing so hard as Jake walked up to us pouting cause he felt left out.

"I feel like im fourth wheeling right now. Not third wheeling, fourth wheeling." He states.

"Stop throwing a temper-tantrum and come on!" Neveah says jumping up and down again with the cutest smile on her face.

I wish I could just kiss her right now. As my eyes locked with her eyes, my stomach erupted with butterflies. Her beautiful choclate brown eyes. Looking in them deeply they tell a story, her story. Theres a sheild of strenght covering them but if you look closer you'll see. All of her hurt and happy moments. When she gets happy she smiles so big her eyes almost dissapear because of her beautiful face structure. The way they used glow in the dark when we played hide in seek. Her eyes are her name spelled backwards, heaven. Then I was ripped away from my thoughts.

"Are you coming, or are you just gonna stare all day!" Jake asked growing impatient.

I snapped out of my thoughts quickly looking down at the ground and when I looked up her bold brown eyes still stood there. Then she smiled that unforgettable smile and walked inside.

We have already reserved a time and we refused to tell her the theme even when she gave us puppy eyes again. I wasn't gonna slip again. Shes so cute though. AHHHHH- no resist the puppy eyes. After a few minutes of waiting our time was called and we were lead to the room. It was a prison escape theme. Jake made up a story about why we were arrested.

"Nevaeh would get arrested for using the puppy eyes too much, Sam would get arrested for using the phrase 'gosh dang it' too much when we know he curses like a drunken salor, Colby would get arrested for making too many weird noises and I would get arrested for dying my hair too much." Jake finished out of breath and we all laughed.

"Okay enough joking around we only have an hour to break out of here." Nevaeh said while rummaging around the cell.

"Uh maybe, just maybe the first clue is on the table with 'first clue' written on it." Sam says thing he is smart.

"We already read it Sam." Jake said.

"You are alittle late." I say.

"Come on, I expect that from Jake not you." Nevaeh said earning a slap on the arm from Jake.

The first clue read, usually people hide their blues but the blues are hiding something. I looked around and seen a blues poster.

"Check behind the poster!" I suggested.

Jake peeled it back and I smile widely at my accomplishment.

"Great thinking Colby!" Neveah says running up to me and she high-fives me with both hands.

"It seems like we need a 4 digit code to unlock this safe and there is a paper here with 4 arrows on it." Sam said after quickly examining it.

"Well let's follow the directions of the arrows." Nevaeh said.

One pointed down and I followed that one. There was a fake crack on the fake concrete so I followed it. About half way across the 15 foot cell there was a third of a paper with some numbers on it. It was hidden under the corner of a bunk bed. It was cut weirdly and looked like a puzzle piece.

"I found a paper with a bunch of numbers on it!" Sam says excitedly.

"Me too!" I said feeling accomplished again.

"Uhh I did not find a number." Nevaeh says furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"Well what is it?" Jake asks.

"I don't know I found it under the mattress!" She responded.

"Wait are your papers cut weirdly, kinda like they would fit together." I ask curiously.

"Yeah!" Jake responded.

"Lets put them together!" Neveah said with her big smile.

We put them together and they fit perfectly. Nevaeh then put her piece on top of the connected pages and the holes let us see a 4 digit code. We all ran to type the code in because time was running out. We had 40 minutes left. Sam put in the code and the safe opened.

"It worked!" We all shouted and high-fived one another.

Inside was a screwdriver and a blueprint.

Our exit was written in blue pen

Before any of us could act Nevaeh rand under the bunk bed with the screwdriver in hand and started working at the vent. She quickly got it off and seen how dark it was.

"Maybe there's a flashlight in here somewhere. It's really dark in there." Nevaeh said crawling back out from under the bed.

"Awww is Nevaeh scared of the dark?" Jake said making fun of her.

"I'm not scared of the dark, I'm scared of what's in the dark!" She said then started rummaging around again.

"So you are scared of the dark!" Jake said.

"Shut up Jake" Sam said defending Nevaeh and joining us on the search.

"I found it!" I shouted.

"We only have 20 minutes left, let go, let's go, let's go!" Nevaeh said and I handed her the flashlight.

She quickly crawled under the bunk bed again and she was gone. I followed behind her, then Sam and lastly Jake. We followed the blue print and found the vent but this ven required a hex key. The vent to the shower room needed a flat head and that's what we got from the safe.

"Looks like we have to go in the shower room!" Jake said strangely excited.

"Bruv why are you so excited to go in the shower room?" I asked concerned.

"I don't even know bruvuh." Jake responded.

Sam opened the vent and we crawled in. There was a note taped to a wall.

"Guys look what I found!" I said getting excited again.

"Good job Colbs!" I love when Sam calls me that. It's gives me butterflies.

"It says the key you are looking for is on the blue print." Sam read.

"The blue print said don't drop the soap!" Jake shouted.

"Let's check under all the soaps!" Nevaeh said connecting all the dots.

After checking under a few bars of soap Sam found it.

Nevaeh knowing a lot of mechanical stuff quickly confirmed it was a hex key. We all crawled though the vent and we opened up the other vent. When we crawled out we were back in the lobby.

"Thanks for playing!" The lady at the front desk said giving us a warm smile that reminded me of Sam's and Nevaeh's. It was nothing compared to theirs though. We got back in the car and we were on our way to our next destination. This time I sat in the back between Sam and Nevaeh. As Jake drove us to our next spot.

______
Where should their next spot be? Please I need help 🙏 and please vote! I have no votes yet.