"What?!"

(Countie from the last chapter)

You turn to see, the person you hated...

James.

He smirks and looks at you.

"Wow, Y/N, you've changed a lot since we last seen each other."

You clutch your teeth in annoyance, "Don't act all 'Mr. nice guy' You are still the same old James."

He chuckled and looked at you up and down, "Wow, you look pretty, where did you go?"

"None of your business!" You snapped.

"Ok, feisty I see, that will change soon~," He says, grinning.

You sigh in annoyance and walked off to your hours and slam the door behind you and walked to your room.

You shut the door behind you and went to your bed and laid face first on your pillow

You were not going to enjoy, these few weeks.

You sat up and looked over at your nightstand and notice your golden bear plushie and went to grab it. You sat there and just pet its soft fur, forgetting all about that moment you and James just had.

As you were in your room, calming down, you suddenly heard a knock on your door, it was your mother.

"Come in!" You shout and she opens the door.

"Y/N, dear, I want you to meet James' dad and introduce yourself to him." She says.

You sigh and put your plush back on the nightstand and follow your mother out the door to see James' dad.

You walked outside and saw Your father, what seem like James'dad, and of course... James.

Your mother walked over to them and you followed behind, slightly annoyed.

"Y/N, This is James' dad, and this is my daughter I told you about, Oliver." Your mother says.

"Oh, I see, she is quite the dear, I can tell she is a very nice young lady."

He says, holding his hand out for you to shake it. You shake his hand.

"Oh, thanks, Mr...?"

"Mr.Miller." He says, with a grin.

You smiled but you felt off.

You saw James smiling at you.

You ignored him and you heard Mr.Miller inviting your family over for dinner to catch up more.

Your parents agreed, but you didn't want to sit at a table with James for an hour.

After that, you went back into your hours and your mother said to get ready since we will be going soon.

You sigh and went to your room and went to your closets to find something presentable to wear.

While you were looking your mother came in and she wanted to pick out an outfit for you. You said ok, and you let her pick an outfit out.

She picked out an outfit and showed it to you

You didn't want to wear a dress but You had to and you notice it was a bit much

You had to and you notice it was a bit much.

"Why do I have to wear this, we are just going to dinner why this?"

"Y/N, because I want you to look nice for James and I saw you were in a dress/skirt this morning so I fought this is good."

You were mad about she is doing this for James, you didn't even like him.

Your mother put the dress on your bed and walked out of the room.

You were not going to enjoy yourself.

You shut your room door and got dressed and you put on your shoes.
You were ready to go. You didn't want to go but you had to because of your parents.

You were thinking to yourself, till you heard a knock on your window.

You went to your window and saw, Evan. You were happy to see him.

You open the window and hugged Evan.

"Hi, Evan!!! I'm so happy you are here!"
You say, happily.

"Y/N, I'm happy to see you too, but can you let go of me, your hugging me a bit tight.

"Oh, sorry!" You say, letting go of him. You saw he was back to his old self.

"Why are you here, we meet each other early today?"

"Yeah...I just want to see you again." He says.

He looked at you, "Are you going somewhere?"

You notice he saw your outfit and saw you dressed up, you sigh and explained.

"I'm going with my parents to my dad's friend's place next door for dinner."

"Oh, ok."

"I don't want to go because of their annoying son which I knew for a long time there and they're annoying.

"What's his name?" Evan says, curious.

"His name is James, and my parents his parents are trying to get me and him together." You say, sighing.

Evan's eyes were wide open when you said together.

"What?!" He said in shock.

He looked at you this shocked.

"Yeah, it's because to support my father's business.

Evan's eyes begin to twitch and looked pissed.

"Why would they let you get married to someone just to support a business?! They should have let you have a say in this!"

You looked down at the floor, "I did try to say something but they ignore me."

"You can't marry someone if you don't want to, I swear if he even laid a finger on you I-"

"Evan! Please come down, you can't do anything about it-"

"Y/N, do you know what they are putting you through? He could make your life hell! He could hurt you, and he any seem like does love you but you say he was mean to you when you were younger, and he might not have changed. You can't not marry him, I have a bad feeling about him!"

You were still looking down, you didn't know what to say, you didn't know Evanp was going to react this way.

"Y/N, is there anything else but this guy, you're not telling me about?" Evan asked.

You stayed quiet not say anything.

"Y/N?!"

You kept your gaze on the floor, not answering his questions. You didn't want to make him more upset.

"Y/N, look at me, please."

You stayed silent.

"Y/N, look at me, is there anything else I need to know?!"

"..."

Y/N, what is it?! Why are you not talking to me?!"

"..."

You just stood there not saying anything, till you felt Evan lift your head so he can see your face.

You were getting more worried by the second.

He stare into your eyes, then looked away.

"tch..."

He left your room leaving you standing there not knowing what he has in mind.

You just wish he wouldn't do anything drastic.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when you heard your mother call you. You took a breath and excited your room.

You hope this dinner won't be that bad...