Chapter 11

AURELIA

It was a month before sports championships were scheduled to be held amongst colleges and universities. Selections for the teams were happening and all the students participating, were practicing anywhere they could find a little space.

Someone getting hit by a ball, a bat or another person at times were a common sight.

All of this has made me so paranoid. I refused talking to my friends while walking through the corridors or grounds. At first they laughed at me but when Raven was hit by a volleyball and she in turn got unbalanced and collided with Brie who eventually fell on the floor, they got my point.

In India if you decide to get a degree in any stream, you just have to excel academically in most universities. But here physical training had to be chosen as a class to get better grades.

I initially decided to choose yoga but the other three women grabbed my hand and took me out of that class. It took me ten days to understand they did it for their interest; not in the athletics but in the boys practicing on ground.

"Man... this Jacob dude... so hot," Brie said in between catching her breath.

"He looks stupid setting his hair after hitting the ball every time,"Raven rolled her eyes stopping at the tracks.

Lee and I laughed.

"Where is Zander," Lee asked facing me.

"I don't know. Haven't noticed him," I told her honestly.

"How could you not notice the one guy in the whole campus that has the ability to turn even a lesbian, straight." she yawned.

"That's one way to describe him."

We moved to the stands to take a break. Noah was already sitting there tying his shoelaces.

"You're trying for football," I asked him.

"Yes and its soccer," he said looking nervous.

"It's football. All the best," I said to him gulping water.

"O'course she is going to call it fooh -ball." Lee teased.

"...yes and the fact that we were colonized by Britishers for two hundred years have nothing to do with it." I raised my brows at her.

"I'm out of this history lesson," Noah said, getting back at the ground.

The stands started to get crowded by students and we looked at each other confused.

"Why are you guys here?", Brie asked a random girl.

"Soccer team's final selection. OGs are gonna play as well." She told us.

"I'm out guys. We are on the front and I don't want to get hit." I told them packing my duffel.

"Oh stay. If you get hit, the player who hit you will have to kiss." She smiled showing a little too much of her teeth.

I started throwing my stuffs in the bag. I will pack and set them later. Right now I just have to get out of here.

"You aren't staying to watch me Summer?" I heard Zander's voice and looked up. The blue in his eyes were simmering, a dangerous mix of excitement and hope. He was wearing the college soccer team's blue jersey and shorts. His hair were disheveled but still somehow looked perfect.

"All the best Zander!" Brie and Lee shouted together in my ears.

He waved his hand at them and that random girl started hyperventilating.