𝟏𝟒

JULES POV

We ended up leaving the party pretty early last night after we finally got Faye off of Alex.

It only took so much convincing.

She wouldn't even look at us while we were trying to talk to her, she only paid attention when Alex finally took notice of us and softly pushed her off of him.

Plus too many people were drunk and it killed the mood of the party so the three of us all decided to stay the night at Kiara's to calm down from the hectic day.

I roll over onto my side to see if either of them are awake.

Nope.

I roll back over and pull out my phone, checking the time. It's ten forty two.

So I guess it's not too early but I never fail to be the first one to fall asleep and the first one to wake up at a sleepover, I'm such a grandma.

Blankets start to shuffle so I roll over to spot Faye waking up, finally.

"Morning," I greet quietly.

She flips over and stares at me for a moment before collectively remembering where she is. "Mhm," she replies.

"Shh, I'm trying to sleep," the tired voice of Kiara says from under a pillow.

I begin to laugh but cover my mouth. "It's almost eleven, get up," I somewhat joke. Kiara is such a light sleeper, it's hilarious.

I hear her groan and watch as she sits up in her bed.

"Anyone hungry?" she questions.

I nod and glance over to Faye who has fallen back asleep. "Faye," I say as I shake her.

"Hm?"

"Are you hungry?" I say slow enough for her to process.

"Oh," she pauses, opening her eyes. "Do you have any coffee?"

"Yeah I do," Kiara states while slipping out of bed. "But- you have to get up and come get it yourself," she jokes while tearing the blankets off of Faye.

Faye immediately crosses her arms to conserve warmth as Kiara's house is freezing. Her house is almost always the same temperature as it is outside. In the summer it's scorching but in the winter, you could practically get frostbite from how cold her tile floors get.

Faye and I finally get up and make our way into the kitchen.

I open the fridge and grab a carton of orange juice and a small cup and begin to pour myself a glass.

I think about what to eat and after scavenging through the pantry and the fridge, I end up settling on two pieces of plain buttered toast.

Faye ended up with a cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal whereas Kiara has a cup of milk and a bowl of cereal.

We eat in silence for the first few minutes as we're all still waking up but eventually Faye breaks the silence.

"So," she pauses. "Did y'all kiss?" she quickly asks.

I spit back some of my orange juice as I was in the middle of taking a drink before I heard her question that caught me off guard.

"No," I bluntly reply while wiping my mouth, and the counter.

"Seriously? That's surprising," she states.

I cock an eyebrow. "How is that surprising? We never flirt or do anything couplely, so I don't see why us not kissing is so shocking," I mention.

She shrugs. "I can feel the tension between y'all. Just saying," she finishes with a smirk.

"Well I don't feel whatever tension you're talking about but I can see y'all being together in the near future," Kiara buds in.

My eyes slightly widen. "Why?" I begin to laugh. "Nothing happened in that closet. I mean we almost kissed but it was just a joke and-,"

"You what?" they shout in unison.

"What?"

"What do you mean you almost kissed?" Faye exclaims while dropping her spoon into her bowl.

"Yeah, explain everything," Kiara adds on.

I began to tell them what happened in the closet up until when he cupped my cheek.

"... and then he left his hand there and we were just looking into each others eyes for far too long. I was left speechless because he was so close and I was scared that if I spoke we might have accidentally kissed which neither of us wanted and then-,"

"I'm going to stop you right there, clearly one of you wanted that because who jokes about that sorta thing?" Faye states.

"Us.. I mean I started it if I'm being completely honest. He just got more into it then I did and-," I cut myself off. "We didn't kiss guys. Okay? So don't go thinking that this whole ordeal was a big thing because we ended up just laughing it off afterwards and-,"

"Girl.." Kiara cuts me off with a blank stare. "I'm going to trust you and believe that there's nothing going on there but that's a weird joke to play on someone,"

"Yeah, what Kiara said. I would never get that close to someone's face if I didn't have any feelings for them," she adds on Kiara's statement.

"Guys," I quickly cut them off. "We didn't kiss. We didn't even hold hands or hug. We don't like each other so drop it," I shut down.

Faye and Kiara keep their eyes on me as I stare back down at my half empty orange juice.

I down the rest of it and stare back at my empty plates.

"Anyways.. since you and Luke don't have anything going on tell me truthfully, did I actually interrupt something when I took you away from Kent?" Faye asks.

I take a minute to think about the conversion and words Kent was saying to me and immediately start to feel bad for ditching him and accidentally shutting him down.

"I think so?" I admit.

"What do you mean you think so?" Kiara asks. "And Kent? Since when?"

"Since yesterday but I didn't think it was like that until he started complimenting me and to be honest, I think he was about to ask on a date if you didn't show up Faye," I explain.

Faye covers her mouth with her hands. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry I wasn't trying to cock block you or-,"

"Girl shush, you're good. I don't even know what I would have said if he did ask me on a date," I reply with a slight laugh.

"Do you think he's attractive?" Kiara questions.

I shrug. "Not the type of boy I usually go after but he's cute," I answer.

"The only con is that he's not that tall," Faye admits.

"Oh my god, I thought it was just me who noticed that," I quickly agree with her as we share a laugh.

I take my dishes and walk over to the sink to place them into there.

"I think that you should say yes, if he ever does get the chance to ask you out," Kiara says.

I think to myself for a moment.

He's a sweet guy, there's no reason to say no. Only the fact that he might get jumped by Josiah if he ever finds out.

"I'll think about it, we'll just have to see if he does," I reply with a shrug.

I look up to check the clock that hangs over the entrance to their kitchen and decide that it's time to go home, before my parents start to worry.

"Kiara, I'm going to head out but I'll see you two tomorrow for practice," I state.

"Bye," the two of them say in unison.

I turn around to throw them one last smile and then head back upstairs to collect my things and then head out the main doors into my car.