𝟐𝟖

JULES POV

Today is the day I've been waiting for ever since this season has started.

It's competition day.

I've spent the past week working on my routine and just yesterday I finally started landing my axel perfectly every time, without fail.

My coach has been doubting me ever since that last rocky practice but I'm going to prove her wrong today when I win first place.

Of course I don't want to get my hopes up or come off as cocky but I believe that if I don't stumble and if I can flaunt my confidence, then I have a perfect shot at getting gold.

I just can't get in my own head.

"Good luck today - I believe in you," Faye supports. She catches me right before I walk into the locker room.

"Just don't get into your head like I know you can," Kiara adds.

"Thanks guys," I reply with a smile.

"I'm going to save seats before it gets too crowded in here," Faye states while beginning to walk off.

"I'm going with her. Good luck!" Kiara shouts back to me while speed walking to catch up with Faye.

They always hype me up and I love them for it. I also love how I'm not competing against them. I'm a very competitive person so it wouldn't end up too well in my book.

Faye didn't sign up because she hurt her ankle at the start of the season and is terrified she's going to mess it up, and Kiara competes but not against us since she's still on the Junior team - next year she'll be on the senior team. The only thing that sucks is that we'll be leaving her.

I zone back in and guide myself through the locker room, placing my bag down in my usual spot. I take out my bag full of my hair products and begin to gel back my hair.

I grab my designated brush and slick back any flyaways that could get in my eyes. I then wrap the rest of my hair into a slick but messy bun - of course making sure the messy parts are still gelled in.

After making sure I like what I see in the mirror, from every angle, I grab my silver hair piece and bobby pin it into my hair. I end up using around thirteen bobby pins, just to be safe.

After my hair is done, I begin to touch up my makeup.

I already did my everyday makeup before I left the house so I just have to add the extra touches.

I draw on a small, black wing and then add some color to my lips with a light swipe of pink lipstick. I also add a thin layer of mascara onto my lashes to bring them out.

Just like that, all I have left to do is get into my costume - and I love my costume.

It's a small black dress that's short in the front, layers out in the back, and the length stops in the middle of my thighs. The thin straps are silver and the whole dress has silver diamond details following down the fabric - it looks like a bunch of icicles and snowflakes are lining the dress.

I go into one of the small stalls to get my dress on and come back out to be greeted by a weirdly familiar face.

"Excuse me," I softly let out, trying to get by but the girl gets in my way again and crosses her arms.

"You're excused," she spits back, her eyes piercing into mine.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" I question, trying to be polite. I'm not trying to have any drama before a competition, it's just going to throw me off but it seems like that's what this girl wants.