𝟑𝟎

JULES POV

After Lukas and I made up, he took me back home so I could pack my things.

I didn't know what all we were gonna do so I packed pretty light. I only packed two pjs, three outfits, and my basic toiletries. Hopefully, it'll be enough.

As Lukas pulls into the driveway, it gives me a chance to really look at Alex's house. It's a huge two story modern house that has two separate garages and entryways. From the side, you can see the huge pool in the back that's covered up and the smaller, but still big, hot tub next to it. His house is really nice. I mean his whole house has a big gate around it and we had to put in a code to even get through.

"You're telling me you've never been here before?" I question Lukas, not believing him. I don't understand how you can be friends with someone for over ten years and not know that this is where they live.

"I've never been here," he repeats, parking the car. He opens the car door and pops the trunk, grabbing both of our suitcases.

"I don't get why he never invited you over here? If this was my place, I'd never shut up about it," I mention. If this was where I lived, I'd have every group hangout at my place.

"He just didn't. He always wanted to come over to my place and now seeing his house, it really doesn't make any sense," he states, looking around the yard. Maybe Alex is just a really humble person and didn't want anyone to think that he was bragging about his house. At least that's my theory.

The two of us walk over to the front door and I try to grab my suitcase to lessen his load but he refuses to hand it over.

"I'm not weak, I can carry my own things," I announce, trying to grab my bag.

"I'm already carrying it," he quickly answers. He moves his arm quick enough to where I can't grab ahold of the handle.

"Can you just-,"

"Hey guys," Alex greets, cutting me off. He swings the door fully open and motions for us to come in and we follow.

As soon as I take a step inside, my mouth drops. Somehow the place is even nicer on the inside. His house is all white with marble floors and it looks like a picture out of a movie. It looks as if the floors are made out of fresh ice but I can only imagine how cold the floors must be, especially during this season.

"You can just keep your things there for now," he adds, pointing towards the huddle of suitcases. It seems like Lukas and I are the final ones to arrive.

"Where's everyone else?" Lukas questions, looking around the place.

"They're all in the storage room looking for Christmas decorations," he mentions. I now look around taking attention to how plain his house is. It's Christmas Eve and his house is stripped of any red or green decorations, there's not even one bare tree in sight.

"Does your family not celebrate Christmas?" I question, trying to understand why his house is not in the spirit.

"They do, we just don't decorate anymore. Ever since I started high school they thought I didn't care anymore so they stopped decorating," he explains. I watch as his face falls just thinking about it.

"Well don't worry because now you have us girls to help you decorate the place," I mention with a smile. As soon as I finish speaking, Faye, Kiara, and Andy peek from around the corner holding overfilled boxes of Christmas items.

"They even got Andy in on it," Lukas mumbles while rolling his eyes.

"Oh, you're helping us decorate," I state, turning towards him.