𝟐𝟓

LUKAS POV

That spiked punch is finally getting to me.

I'm so out of it right now.

The speakers blast unknown music into my ears but it feels like the bass is pumping into my brain and the people around me sound like they're talking ten times louder than they actually are.

"Hey, I'm gonna head out since Faye left," Alex states while patting me on the back hard enough to wake me out of my daze.

"Yeah, me too," I reply. I stand up and can start to feel the effects even more. I'm not drunk but I'm for sure tipsy.

We begin to walk out of the loud, colorful room and into the cold, dark night. Before we separate to find our cars, Alex tugs on my shoulder.

"How was tonight?" he bluntly questions.

"What?" I mumble, unsure of what he's specifically asking.

"I know you didn't want to go with Jules but it looked like y'all actually had fun," he specifies.

"Oh yeah," I pause. "I had fun I guess," I say, trying to resist bringing up the obvious thing on my mind.

"I'm glad you did since I know how much you were dreading this," he jokes, beginning to walk towards his car.

"Hah, yeah," I breathe.

The sound of the night surrounds us as I'm waiting for Alex to say whatever he has to say.

"Can I ask you something?" he questions in a more serious tone.

"What's up?" I reply, taking a seat on the nearby curb.

"Did Faye seem off to you tonight?" he asks, taking a seat next to me on the cold curb.

I shrug. "What do you mean by off?" I question, wanting to know what he's getting at.

"Off as in different, weird, not herself?" he begins to list.

I shake my head. "Not that I realized. She seemed normal to me," I answer. I try to think back to earlier tonight but can't seem to think of a time where she didn't seem like her usual peppy self.

"Maybe I'm just overthinking," he claims. "It's probably nothing," he concludes. He rises up and dusts off the back of his legs.

"If you really think something is up, just talk to her," I add.

"I will," he agrees.

I rise up and begin to dust the gravel off of me too.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he shouts behind him as he starts towards his car.

I mutter out a bye and begin the long walk back to my car. In this time I start to reevaluate everything running around my mind. I know I shouldn't keep thinking so much over small things but something about tonight felt different.

I open the door and close it, getting hit in the face by the scent Juliana left in my car. She made my car smell of vanilla, with a hint of coconut - I kinda like it.

As I start my car, the radio turns on and again plays that same Beatles song. I guess this station is on a loop.

As the song hits the chorus, my mind flashes back to what happened earlier tonight. The feeling of her hands wrapped around my neck and how perfectly my hands fit in the dips of her waist run around my mind.

I know I shouldn't think much of this but something did happen, right?

If Kiara didn't show up, we would have kissed, wouldn't we? Or would it have been like the closet all over again?

I'm overthinking this.

But there's no reason I shouldn't be.

Juliana and I have been in a feud since the third grade and now we've almost kissed, twice.

What does this mean?

Do I like Juliana? Does she like me?

Why does she not pull away anytime I bring her close?

Fuck - I need to talk to her.

I wait at the stoplight I usually turn left at but instead of turning left when the light turns green, I go straight.

After a couple minutes of driving, I pull into a familiar driveway. I open my door and close it a little louder than I should have and seconds later, I'm knocking on the front door.

I wait on the porch for a minute, two minutes and then, the door opens and I'm greeted with a familiar face.

"We need to talk," I greet.

~

I wonder what is running through Luke's mind ;)

Don't forget to comment babes <3