[Twenty - Three]

🐺🐺

🐺🐺

"Sometimes we just have to
Let things go"

🐺🐺

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Brenna whispered to Bella as the Swan girl's followed Embry and Jacob through the Swan household. Even though Embry had already smelled the vampire intruder, Jacob insisted that he come over so he would be able to recognize the scent. The fact that Edward was outside waiting for his girlfriend to go back outside made Brenna nervous. Embry and Edward had come to an understanding. Mainly because they were dating sisters and seeing as Fork's was Cullen territory, both men knew that they wanted the same thing. To keep their girlfriend's out of harm's way.

Bella shrugged at the younger Swan. The older girl liked having Jacob around and everyone knew it, but everyone also knew that her first pick would be Edward. Jacob and Embry talked to each other a bit out of the girl's hearing range before all four of them left the house. Meeting Edward in front of the house was anything but pleasant, not because both wolves had a problem, but because Jacob and his jealousy problem.

"Whoever it was left his stink behind, it'll be hard to miss whenever we cross it again." Jacob told Edward. Brenna rolled her eyes slightly at the tone of Jacob's voice. She knew that he easily got jealous when it came to Bella, but there was no sense in having an 'alpha male' voice. She was sure that he would not intimidate Edward. Especially with the pale man being able to read his thoughts. "We'll handle it from here."

"We don't need you to handle anything." Edward stated calmly. The tension between the two men were enough to make Brenna anxious. She didn't want them to have a brawl outside with her father inside, that was all he needed to see, an abnormally pale man and a giant wolf fighting in the yard. "Or anyone."

"I could care less what you need." Jacob glared.

Bella glanced between the two men and then looked at her sister for help. Brenna shrugged her shoulders at the older Swan as she grabbed Embry's hand. Embry hated the way the two enemies were acting. The wolf knew that it was not the time and place, especially knowing that things could escalate quickly. "Great, then we'll work together. I mean, we all have the same goals here, right?" Bella asked trying to ease some of the tension. "To catch the bad vampires." The girl then added as she noticed the staring contest going on between her boyfriend and best friend.

Jacob kept his angry glare on the vampire in front of him, "Like there's a difference." He grumbled.

"Jacob." Embry spoke up causing the jealous wolf to look at his friend. Embry simply shook his head to indicate that he should not start anything. More than like scolding him through the mind link with Edward being the only one to be able to hear.

Edward narrowed his eyes slightly at the shorter, tan man in front of him. "We're done here." He stated as he grabbed Bella and tried to go towards his car.