[Eleven]

🐺

🐺

"True friends don't believe rumors about you, because they know you. True friends defend you, not help spread lies about you!"

🐺

Brenna didn't know what to expect from Bella or Jacob for that matter. She didn't know if they would tell the truth or do anything to keep her away from being happy. She knew that Bella was not someone who would be happy for her. Her un-biological sister was someone who just cared about herself, and Brenna did not want to be associated with people like that. Plus, she knew that Jacob didn't really like her much anymore. Why would she need to believe what someone else says about Embry? However, she would be lying if she said that her curiosity didn't peak when Bella mentioned Jacob. The 17-year-old wouldn't be surprised if Bella ran to Jake as soon as she knew Brenna was going out with Embry.

"What did Jake say?" Brenna asked as she was getting impatient. She just wanted to go to bed and float on Cloud 9 for a little bit. Knowing her family and ex-best friend's, that wouldn't be possible. Bella stared at the russet skin girl for a moment before clearing her throat a bit. Bella didn't know if Brenna would listen to her or not, but she knew she wanted to tell the younger girl what Jake had said.

"Jacob and Embry aren't friends anymore," Bella started. Brenna huffed, thinking that Jacob is spilling out a spew of lies since Embry clearly moved on. Brenna couldn't say she blamed Embry. Jacob left her for Bella and she was sure that he ditched Quil and Embry for Bella as well. "Embry has changed, bren. For the worst." Bella added.

Brenna rolled her eyes. She should've known that Bella would lead with something like that. Brenna had noticed, that Bella seems to think no one can change but her and that was a problem for Brenna. The 17-year-old has noticed how Embry had changed from the last time she had seen him, it wasn't a bad change though. Brenna just assumed it had to do with puberty and him getting older. "Everyone changes." Brenna stated and cut off Bella before she could start again, "You and Jake have changed too. Hell, you two even abandoned me."

Bella didn't know what to say to that, but she knew she would have to come up with something. She knew that she didn't want Brenna dating Embry and for some reason, she thought it would be easier than this to get her away from him. "Jacob told me that he joined a cult," Bella started talking nonsense again. Brenna rolled her eyes. Yes, Jacob was Brenna's best friend once, but like she told Bella, he had changed. "He's on drugs too." Bella finished.

Brenna sighed, the russet skinned girl felt sorry for how jealous her ex-best friend was. She couldn't help but wonder why Jake and Bella wanted to ruin her relationship. Neither of them obviously care about her, and it was not any of Jacob's business what she did or didn't do. Brenna had promised herself on her 17th birthday that she wouldn't fight for anyone's attention. "Let me guess, because he's gotten taller, cut his hair, gotten a tattoo, and worked out a bit... he's in a cult and on drugs?" Brenna asked Bella. The younger girl was hoping the oldest would hear how stupid she sounded and leave her alone for the night. In some way, Brenna knew better than that. Probably because Bella couldn't mind her own business.