[Twenty - Four]

*Not Edited!*

+

"Every experience makes you grow."

+

"Bren, you almost ready? I want to try to get a decent spot." Charlie yelled up to his youngest daughter as he checked the time on his watch. Bella's high school graduation was taking place soon and the Swan family was hoping to get to school a little bit early to get a decent seat.

"Yeah, give me a second." Brenna replied loudly to ensure that her father heard her. She straightened out her dress before doing another onceover in the mirror. She quickly tamed some fly-aways before rushing to slide on her flats. The best part about today was that Mike Newton would be out of Forks, hopefully, for good by August. "Let's go." The youngest Swan said as she rushed down the stairs and out the door to her father's police cruiser.

 Both Swan's had accidentally overslept this morning, and where Bella had graduation practice, she had been with Edward all morning at the school. It was no surprise that the parking lot was full, and the spaces were limited. Due to students driving early this morning and families gathering to watch their family graduate. "I bet the seats are picked through." Brenna mumbled after the cruiser was parked and the two got out and headed inside the school that Brenna hated dearly.

Walking into the gym gave Brenna a sense of excitement, after today it would be her turn to prepare for her final year of school. This time next year, the girl will be graduating and be planning her future out with her wolf that she loved so much. "I'm going to the bathroom before it starts." Brenna whispered to her father letting him know that he could save her a seat.

The gym and hall were filled with families and soon to be graduates taking before graduation pictures. Brenna easily slid through the crowd in between pictures and made her way towards the bathroom, sending a quick wave to the Cullen clan and her sister before turning corner. "I am so sorry." Brenna mumbled as she bumped into a chest. The color of their graduation robe was all she noticed for a moment before her vision cleared. "I should've been more careful." She finally finished looking up at the person she bumped into.

Her face paled and her blood ran cold seeing the face of her ex-boyfriend. Why was she filled with dread every time she seen him? She did not know, it had to be because of the rumors and how he was the center of all the jokes about her. "No-No," Mike Newton shook his head almost nervously. "You are fine. It was my fault." Brenna nodded before stepping around him to get to the ladies' room door, "Brenna!" He called out, making the girl freeze with her back turned towards him. "I just wanted to- "He started before Eric came running around the corner interrupting and tugging Mike towards the gym.

The Swan girl took that as an out to be able to rush into the bathroom and avoid him until the graduating class could get seated in the gymnasium. After Brenna did her business and made sure she left enough time for the class to walk out, she quickly washed her hands and made her way back to her father. It was not long after the girl returned that the graduation introductions started and soon Jessica was called to the podium to start her valedictorian speech. Her speech was bland in the beginning to Brenna, until clapping brought her out of her train of thought. "This is our time to make mistakes, take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere, fall in love... a lot, major in philosophy because there is no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and then change it again because nothing is permanent, so make as many mistakes as you can so that someday when they ask what we want to be, we won't have to guess. We will know." She finished and everyone clapped. The speech was not horrible, and Brenna understood where the girl was coming from. All the attention was back on the podium when the school board stood up to start calling out the names for graduates.