[Thirteen]

**

**

"It is wiser to find out,
Than to suppose."

**

Embry picked Brenna up the best day around noon and headed straight for Sam and Emily's house. Embry had told the pack that he was bringing Brenna over to meet them, but he told them that he didn't mention the imprint bond yet. Sam disapproved of keeping that secret from her, but he slightly understood why he didn't want to say anything right now. No other wolves knew it but Sam had talked to Harry and Billy about Brenna and so the alpha knew more than they thought he did.

"Should I be nervous?" Brenna asked as she played nervously with her fingers. She had only met Sam Uley a few times and she had just met Jared that once at the party. She didn't know what to expect from Paul or Emily. All she knew was that Paul apparently was a hothead at school and almost got her best friend pregnant. Luckily, Maleah wasn't pregnant and it was just a scare. But that was the only thing she had heard from about Paul. Besides what Bella and Jacob had said.

"No," Embry started as they got closer to the house. He grabbed her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. He wanted to make sure she was comfortable with everything. "There's just one thing..." the boy trailed off as Brenna looked at him waiting for him to continue. "An incident happened between Sam and his fiancé. It's been a while ago... but you'll see what I mean." Embry sighed. He was slightly afraid that seeing Emily's face would make you question if he'd hurt you or not. "Just don't stare." he added as they pulled up to his alpha's home.

Brenna nodded as she dried her sweaty hands off on her Jean shorts. She quickly jumped out of the vehicle and met Embry in front of the car. Embry had drove a different vehicle to pick her up today than the truck he usually borrowed. Embry grabbed her hand as they walked up to the house. Once they got close to the step, Embry made a noise and Jared came running out of the house. "Brenna, nice to see you again." Jared greeted with a goofy smile as Embry wrapped his arms around her.

"You too." She smiled as the three walked into the house. There was a light chatter between Sam, Emily, and Paul. Soon Jared joined their conversation. That was until the all turned towards Embry and Brenna. Emily had a happy grin on her face as she saw the girl. Sam gave the girl a nod and Paul had a smirk on his face.

"Guys, this is Brenna." Embry introduced as the girl waved her hand a bit. Emily came over and hugged the girl that she had heard so much about. Once Brenna let Emily go, she noticed how her face was scared and big, deep scratch marks were across her face. But, like Embry told Brenna, she didn't stare and gave the girl a sweet smile back. "Brenna, this is Paul, Sam, Emily, and you've met Jared."

"Welcome to the pack Brenna. I think you'll like it here!" Jared joked as he stuffed his face with the food Emily had on the table. Brenna let out a small laugh as she nodded. The couple sat down and joined everyone once Brenna felt comfortable enough too.