[Fifteen]

"She's getting on my last nerve

"She's getting on my last nerve." Brenna groaned as Embry's arms wrapped a little bit tighter around her waist. The girl leaned back against him and relaxed her shoulders a bit. "Why does it matter if you guys go cliff diving?"

"She can't stand that you're happy while she's miserable." Paul spoke up as he received a disapproving look from Sam. He just shrugged knowing that he was telling the truth.

"He's probably right." Brenna sighed even though She knew he was telling the truth. Ever since Bella's little Cullen's left, she's been out of her mind lately. "According to her and Jacob, you guys are a big, bad cult that's gonna get me killed." The young girl sighed as she rolled her eyes. She just wanted to be able to be happy and not have to worry about anyone trying to ruin her relationship.

"Jake will understand." Jared spoke up as he took a bite of the food that Emily had fixed. Brenna had been over at Emily's a lot since she found out about the wolves and sam's imprint was happy to have another girl in the house so often. Brenna was there to help Emily cook if she needed and also to just talk about girl things. "He'll shift soon." Jared added as he finished his food.

As the group continued to talk amongst themselves, they ignored the sound of Sam and Emily's house phone ringing. Until they couldn't ignore Sam's alpha voice, "Let's get to Billy's, Jacob shifted." With that all the boys ran out, except Embry didn't leave Emily's house without a kiss first.

"Are you okay?" Emily asked a few minutes after everyone left. The two girls were alone and they didn't have to worry about the boys eavesdropping.

"Jacob was with Bella tonight..." Brenna trailed off. Of course she wasn't a huge fan of Bella and to be honest she didn't really want to hang out with her. But, she didn't want anything to happen to her, mainly because Charlie would go nuts. Brenna would never wish for Charlie to hurt like that and she hoped he never had too. "They had a friend group date with Bella's friends from school."

"I'm sure she's fine." Emily assured as she sat down at the table with the girl. She knew that the imprintees needed to stick together, seeing how the wolves are a pack and the girls should be one too. "There's something else wrong... isn't there?"

"I feel guilty." Brenna sighed as she rubbed her hand over her face. "Well, part of me does." She added as she could feel a tension headache coming. "I got so mad at Bella for not telling me about Edward, but I'm doing the same thing with Embry." She explained as Emily nodded seeing where she's coming from. "In my head it's making me feel awful, but deep down I feel like there is a difference. Embry protects people, vampires hurt people..."

Emily gave the girl a small smile, "it's hard coming into this world. Especially, when the wolves cannot control imprinting..." Emily said, almost sadly. "I'm going to tell you a small short story." Brenna nodded ready to hear what Emily had to say. "Some time a go, there was this couple... they were so in love and were fixing to get married. Then, something happened. The finance ended up getting sick and eventually came back around. Only to find out he was a wolf and he imprinted on his fiancé's cousin... the man tried to push down his feelings because he didn't want to hurt his fiancée... that was until it got so much and he had of leave her and be with his imprint." Emily sighed as she gave Brenna a sad smile. "His imprint refused to be with him at first, because she couldn't do that to her cousin... but in the end they ended up together." Emily finished as she had a small smile on her face but part of her eyes held pain.