Chapter Sixteen:- Hidden Truth

"The couch is too small!"

My mouth unknowingly uttered as I looked at the couch that was in the room which is too small to fit a person in. It's just long as two people would be able to sit.

"I forgot to order the couch before coming to India, it skipped from my mind. I am sorry." He said sniffing a bit while going towards the bed.

I stood there a little far from the couch to see him leaning towards the bed to grab a pillow "I will sleep on the couch in the living area you can use the bed." He completed the sentence and went towards the door to leave the room.

Somehow, a sudden rush of panic ran through my body and I called out his name "Mr.Singhania!" and there he stopped dead in his tracks, I saw him turning around to look at me. "We can share the bed, it's big enough to fit two people." I don't know why I did say that but it just came out from my mouth with my acknowledgement.

He look back at me confused but ignoring him I moved towards the bed to sleep, sitting on the edge of it I saw him coming closer towards the bed and putting his pillow down. I picked up my phone to check a few notifications of it, but it was a total lie. I was just busy looking at him from the corner of my eye.

He leaned in by supporting one of his knees on the bed and creating a partition in between with the help of pillows. Later I saw him laying down on the bed almost at the edge of it as he slept back facing me.

A few minutes passed and I kept my phone back on the nightstand, switching off the lights of the room I too went to sleep back facing him and pulling the covers over my chest. But sleep was far away, I kept looking at the moon which was visible to me as I was sleeping facing the balcony of the room. The moonlight shined the whole room, as my mind went back to the conversation I had before with him back in the wardrobe. I trust Rehan Bhai he would never even in his worst nightmare think about hurting his loved one, but I don't want to interfere between the two as well, specifically not when I don't know the whole thing. From what I understood, the responsibility was dumped on his shoulder from the very start itself. Where he lost himself. I am barely able to imagine the things he had gone through throughout his childhood. The level of stress and pressure on you is that one day you have to be strong enough to manage a big company. But still, he took his responsibilities and managed everything flawlessly. No doubt he is getting Business of the Year awards 5 times in a row. He did everything without complaints.

Somewhere the frustration and the anxiety will surely burst, today it was on me. One thing I always notice no matter how bad the situation would get this man will never be disrespectful. I can read him like an open book now, his expressions, his eyes and body language say that. Sometimes it's hard for us to accept reality and escape for some time, and it's okay.

He is not what he shows, he is like a sun. Who radiates its energy all over the place. He is that one ray who would light up a dark world. He is one bright flower in a dull field. His one smile would light up anyone's mood. He is that one and only Sun in my dark life whose rays reached for the first time. His one warm smile can break anyone's cold heart. But somehow that sun is too upset to express his energy, to radiate his warmth. He let that cold behaviour take over himself to protect himself. Just like me.