Chapter Twenty Six:- KARMA

Vote Target: 1.5k
....

A week later

Walking to my room I was hell-exhausted today and just wanted a much-needed rest

The heavy Royal Blue saree that I had worn since morning was now eating me, the embroidery work over the blouse that some loose threads that poking through my flesh, The heaviest part of the saree was covering my head which gave me a headache and also those pins I used so the veil won't come down from my head is now prying my scalp almost feeling like the blood would seep down my head any time.

Today, Bua Ji kept Big Pooja in the house. She decided as soon as she heard that I'd had panic attacks frequently in the past. Kavya was right, she could be too much sometimes. The pooja was kept to keep the evil eyes off our family. Though the intentions were good, the ups and downs this week because of that pooja were draining me now. Finally, it ended by the afternoon. In this whole week, I have only seen an Angry Bull named Ayushman.

I heard he also fired eight employees this week, Yes Eight! Hopefully, Arav is still a safe intern in the company. Though he works as an intern, he would be awarded as a CMO in Singhania.Co after a year or two of looking after his training performance.

I opened the door huffing a breath as I walked inside trying to take the veil stuck on my head, I looked from the corner of my eyes and saw Ayushman dressed in Kurta and a dhoti with his laptop on his lap sitting on the edge of the bed. I walked in his direction picking up his towel that he left on the bed earlier in the morning as I glared at him.

“What is this doing here?” I asked boring holes in his head but he did not budge for even a single second.

“Chilling” He answered unbothered, shrugging his shoulders. He has been this way since last week.

I threw the towel on his face as he passed me an annoyed look taking the towel off his face and making me stare back at him with the same intensity.

“Are you glaring at me now?” I raised an eyebrow to ask but he just looked away taking a deep breath as he stood up from his bed with his laptop.

“Where are you going now?” I asked as I saw him walking out of the room. “To make a proposal presentation that you have been rejecting since last week!!”

“It's Sunday” I walked behind him and took the laptop from his hand to stop, Yes I know I am the only reason for his mood swings. First, when he wanted to take a step ahead in this marriage I rejected and then in the hospital presentation, he proposed his idea to me. To be honest I did not like it much so I rejected it. He gave me three of them by now and I did not like any of them.

“Can you just take a break?” I asked, seeing him sigh while running his hand through his head.

“What do you want?” I heard him asking, as I kept the laptop on the nightstand and walked to him. “I cannot take off the veil” I stood before him as he gave me a ‘Are you for real?’ look