sparks.

Aziraphale had looked everywhere for the person described in his diary as, "The demon Crowley." He had yet to find anything that gave him even the slightest idea where that demon could be. "Oh bugger." He was starting to get frustrated. All he had was a name to work with in order to find "The demon Crowley." It wasn't nearly as easy as he thought it may have been. He'd been searching for hours and absolutely no one had seen, nor heard of Crowley. So, he turned back and headed to the bookshop.

As he arrived in town, everything was an absolute mess. Black stained the roads and shops surrounding him. It almost looked as if everything had been set on fire. He did a small miracle and everything was as it was before everything had been stained black.

As he opened the door to the bookshop, he heard a small, sweet voice coming from inside. "Who are you?!" He yelled as loud as he could. 

"AZIRAPHALE." 

"Yes.. that's me...."

Muriel ran over to Aziraphale and hugged him. "It's me.. Muriel. Don't you remember me? I've been running your bookshop while you've been in Heaven!!" Muriel smiled softly.

Aziraphale shook his head. "Unfortunately, I don't remember you, my dear. I seem to have forgotten a lot of things in my short time away."

Muriel looked confused. "How do you mean? What all have you forgotten?"

Aziraphale sat down at his desk and looked at Muriel curiously. "Dear, would you happen to know someone who goes by the name 'Crowley?' I think that this.. Crowley, may be able to tell me what is going on. You see, I found this diary, which seems to belong to me, and I had a few things written down about the demon Crowley. I'm not sure if you know them, but if you could help me contact them that would be delightful!" 

Muriel just stared at Aziraphale for a bit until answering. "You.. you don't remember Crowley? Like, at all?"

Aziraphale shook his head. "Dear, I don't remember much of anything before going to Heaven with... the... Metatron? Yes. I think that was the kind man's name. It's troubling me quite a bit because people seem to know me, but I do not know them. It's very unfortunate, really."

Muriel ran over to Aziraphale's side. "I have been on Earth for a day, and I already know much more than I did before I came here. If I can learn what love is in a day, learn how to really properly read in a day, AND learn that not everything is perfect like Heaven makes it seem, you can at least try and remember something. Anything. Just remember, Aziraphale. 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳.

"I really do wish it was that simple, Muriel dear. I remember a handful of things about myself, and a few things about who I am, but I remember nothing about anyone else. I truly do apologize."

Muriel was getting a bit frustrated and they did not really understand what was going on. "I forgive you."

Muriel tried to process what was going on but they did not know what had happened to Aziraphale. Why would the new archangel just simply forget everything? There was no reason for any of this to be happening so quickly. Aziraphale hadn't even had the time to get into bad trouble and be banished from Heaven. They needed to figure out what was going on. They had to go to Heaven. That was the only way they could actually figure out what was happening and figure out how to fix it. 

"Aziraphale? You can watch the bookshop on your own for a bit, right? Oh, who am I kidding? It's your bookshop. Aziraphale, I have a little something to do, I'll be back in a bit. Stay safe!" Muriel smiled and skipped out of the bookshop.