caught in the crossfire.

Muriel laid their head on Aziraphale's shoulder. "I'm sure he'll come back soon. He loves you"

Aziraphale winced and stood up. "He very obviously does 𝘯𝘰𝘵 love me. Now, can we please stop speaking about it? It makes me feel... well, sad. It hurts quite a bit. Not only did I go through a lot to find him, you went through even more. He should at least consider that."

Aziraphale walked away from Muriel and made his way outside. He thought that maybe some fresh air would make him feel better. 

He made his way to Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death, the local coffee shop, which his friend Nina ran. 

"Hello Nina. May I get something... cold? It doesn't really matter what it is. Just make sure it's cold."

Nina looked at Aziraphale with worry. "Are you alright Mr. Fell?" Aziraphale usually ordered something hot. Well, not eve usually. He 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 ordered something hot.

Aziraphale shrugged. 

Nina proceeded with making Aziraphale's drink, and when she was done, she handed it to him with a little note attached to it.

The note read, "I'm here if you need someone to talk to. xo." 

Aziraphale smiled for the first time in days, and made his way back to the bookshop.

He opened the door to his shop, but closed it as fast as he possibly could. He turned looked into the windows, and his breath hitched. 

Crowley was inside of the shop, talking to Muriel. He looked almost sick, and he was obviously buzzed. He could barely form a sentence or stand straight. Something else seemed odd about him though. He seemed genuinely sad, and hurt. He looked as though he had been stabbed through the heart, many, many times.

Aziraphale felt as tears fell down from his eyes, and he very quickly wiped them away.  "Aziraphale, you idiot. Stop crying." He had resorted to talking to himself since the only person he really had to talk to was Muriel. 

Crowley then walked out of the bookshop, got in his car, and drove away. 

Aziraphale sighed and walked into the bookshop, and immediately questioned Muriel.

"What was he doing here? Was he okay? Did he need anything? Why in hell was he in the bookshop, Muriel?"

Muriel walked over to Aziraphale and put their hands on his shoulders. "He was making sure you were okay. He was going to get coffee and saw you leave the bookshop, and I guess he just started thinking about how you were, so he came and asked me. He asked me if you had anything you had to do tomorrow. I told him no, and he said that he'd like to talk to you, over a cup of coffee, at 12:00, if that was okay with you. He said you didn't have to turn up if you didn't want to, though."

Aziraphale didn't know what to say. Crowley had left him, without remorse, and now he wanted to get coffee together? Who did he think he was?

Aziraphale sighed. "I'll go."

Muriel smiled and patted Aziraphale on the back. "Good luck."