stardust.

Aziraphale had been up all night planning.

He was going to do something he had wanted to do for ages, but was unable to do.

He was going to Heaven with Muriel, to try and talk The Almighty into doing something for him. 

He was going to steal the stars.

And he was going to do it for Crowley.

He was aware that Crowley was unable to see the stars the he created, because of his snake eyes. (Snakes have poor eyesight and can only see basic shapes, and no details.)

He had Muriel hail the elevator to Heaven and they both immediately hopped in and rode up to Heaven.

They were greeted by the archangel Uriel. 

"Aziraphale, you are not allowed in any circumstances to be in Heaven. Why on Earth are you here?"

"We must speak directly to The Almighty herself."

Uriel sighed and said, "I'll see what I can do," and walked off.

Muriel and Aziraphale waited for hours before they got a reply from anyone. In their time waiting, they played chess, (which Muriel had to back down to Earth to get.) talked about what they were going to say to The Almighty if they actually got the chance to speak to her directly.

After a long wait, Uriel came back. "You may speak to The Almighty. The Metatron has granted you full permission to speak to her. Follow me please."

Muriel and Aziraphale exchanged quick glances and walked with Uriel. 

"Please, for God's sake, don't say anything stupid, the both of you." Uriel glared at them both.

They came to a golden door, and Uriel opened it slowly. "Good luck."

The two angles walked in together and almost instantly froze in place.

There she was.

The Almighty herself.

"Aziraphale, Muriel, hello. I heard you desired to speak to me. What is it you wish to speak about?"

Aziraphale stumbled over his words. 

"I- well, 𝘸𝘦 would like to ask you for a favor. I'm sure you are aware of the demon Crowley, having snake eyes, correct?"

"Yes, I am aware."

"Well, he can't exactly... see the stars that he made, because as you know, snakes have poor eyesight, and his eyes are those of a snake. He made them for 𝘺𝘰𝘶 and although he is damned, I think that it's only fair for him to be able to see them. Even if you only let him see the stars well, that's enough. 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦. My Lord, I beg of you." 

God looked at Aziraphale, walked over to him, and slapped him across the face. 

"Why should I, give a 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯, anything?"

"Because one of 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 angels is in love with him, and he'd do anything for that demon to be happy."

God shook her head. "You must be kidding me."

"I'm not."

God looked as if she had just been hit across the face many times. She walked over to her desk, laughing. "Okay. I'll give your demon different eyes."

Aziraphale smiled. "Please keep them yellow. Yellow is pretty."

God looked at Aziraphale. "You 𝘥𝘰 realize I am only doing this because it is very unfair that Crowley is unable to see his creation, correct?"

"I am aware, My Lord."

God nodded her head and walked over to Aziraphale. "Stay holy."

Aziraphale nodded, and signaled Muriel to leave.

They both walked to the elevator, holding hands.

"I'm proud of you, Aziraphale. You did the right thing."

Aziraphale smiled at Muriel. "Thank you."

The both of them got into the elevator and went back down to Earth. 

"I hope that Crowley gets to see the stars."

Muriel looked at Aziraphale with hope in their eyes, and said, "He will, Mr. Fell. He will."