more than just memories.

While Crowley was having his wings removed, Muriel and Aziraphale were attempting to get into contact with the Metatron.

Their last resort was to pray and hope the Metatron heard. 

Aziraphale knelt on his knees and started to pray.

Within seconds, the Metatron was in the room with the both of them.

Muriel and Aziraphale stood beside each other and held hands. 

"Hello, Metatron."

The Metatron looked at Muriel and smiled. "Hello there, dear Muriel."

Muriel proceeded to walk up to the Metatron and they held his hands in theirs.

"I have a favor to ask of you. As you can see, Aziraphale is with me and we 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 need to get his memory back. I know that he has helped the enemy in the past and made many mistakes.. but he isn't the same without his memories, and-.... he doesn't remember... Crowley. He doesn't remember much of anything. I beg of you, please, Your Grace, give him back his memories. Please."

The Metatron and Muriel stood staring at each other for a few moments before the Metatron spoke to them.

"Aziraphale has had his memories kept away from him for long enough, I think."

The Metatron then spoke directly to Aziraphale. "Come here, Aziraphale."

Aziraphale walked over to the Metatron and the Metatron grasped Aziraphale's hands. 

The room got brighter and brighter within just seconds .

Eventually, the room darkened and Aziraphale gasped. 

"Muriel. I remember. I remember it all. Everything. I remember everything."

Muriel ran to Aziraphale and wrapped their arms around him tightly. "I'M SO GLAD AZI."

Aziraphale chuckled and kissed Muriel's forehead.

Then he turned to the Metatron.

"May we speak? In a more private place, preferably."

The Metatron nodded and followed Aziraphale into room and closed the door behind him. 

"Are you going to explain why you brought me to Heaven, leading me to believe that I was going to be the new supreme archangel, to only steal 𝘮𝘺 memories away from me and send me straight back to Earth?"

Aziraphale glared at the Metatron until he sighed and replied.

"You disobeyed the rules of Heaven, you have lied more times than any human could count, you worked with the enemy, and not only did you work with the enemy, you became... friends with the enemy. You're an angel and you should be punished for that behavior. I never planned on taking your memories permanently, which is in fact, why you have received them back. You did need to realize that what you did was wrong, and making you forget about Crowley completely was the only way that seemed fit."

Aziraphale slapped the Metatron across the face.

 Aziraphale was shaking with fear and anger and he wasn't sure what to do except yell. Yell into the abyss and just hope that Crowley would hear him.

He screamed.

And he kept screaming.

And suddenly the screaming stopped, and he came back to reality.

Aziraphale looked at Metatron and broke down onto his knees. "Please. Let me love him. Just let me love him. He's never been loved before. Please. I 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 to be able to love him freely without worrying about that we'll be demolished. I beg."

They both looked at each other for a split second before the Metatron sighed and stated something Aziraphale though he would never hear.

"You may be with him, but if you choose him over the rules of Heaven, you will never be able to return to the kingdom ever again. You will be banished from Heaven."

Aziraphale spoke almost immediately. 

"I choose Crowley. I'll choose him over and over. I'll only ever choose 𝘩𝘪𝘮." 

The Metatron smiled but not in a nice way. "I should warn you that he won't be the same as you last saw him. We've been keeping him in Heaven for the past 3 years and he's been tortured almost every day. They're cutting off his wings today, and then they're releasing him back to Earth. Just thought I'd let you know."

and the Metatron disappeared into thin air, and Aziraphale never saw him again.

Aziraphale couldn't process what just happened. He knew that Crowley was hurt and he needed to find him, to help him, but he had no idea where he could be. Was he still in Heaven? Was he in Hell? Was he on Earth already?

He wasn't sure.

He was only sure of one thing, and that was that he loved Crowley.