timeless.

Crowley and Aziraphale looked at each other for several moments before they broke contact and Crowley cleared his throat.

"Aziraphale."

Aziraphale looked at Crowley with sadness in his eyes. "Yes, Crowley?"

Crowley fidgeted with his glasses, and then took them off, and looked at Aziraphale with his toxic yellow eyes. "I think we need to talk."

Aziraphale looked into Crowley's eyes for a split second before looking away. He knew that if he held eye contact with Crowley for too long, he wouldn't be able to have a serious conversation.

"Righto. Follow me."

Aziraphale and Crowley walked into the bookshop, and Aziraphale signaled Muriel to leave the shop momentarily. 

"What did you need?"

Crowley looked at Aziraphale. "You."

Aziraphale's breath completely stopped. He could feel himself falling and he knew that there was no one who could stop him from doing so.

Aziraphale looked into Crowley's eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Crowley."

The both of them stood across from each other for a few moments, without saying anything. They just looked into each other's eyes and thought about everything that they had 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 done wrong. 

"I'm sorry, Aziraphale."

They smiled lightly at each other and then embraced one another. Aziraphale's hands fit perfectly around Crowley's waist. They pieced together just like a puzzle.

Crowley ran his fingers through Aziraphale's hair, and kissed his forehead gently. 

"We both messed up didn't we?"

"Yeah, we did, but it's okay now."

They broke the hug and both went over to find places to sit down and talk. 

"Aziraphale, I know that I screwed up really badly this time, and I don't expect you to forgive me right away, I don't deserve to be forgiven right now. I just need you to know that I can not live this life without you in it. Everywhere I go, destruction and chaos follow, but when you're by my side, that doesn't happen. I know I'm being vulnerable, but I 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 you to know that I need you. I need you by my side. We can be on our side. We don't need Hell and we don't need Heaven. They've both already hurt us enough. So, please, I'm not asking you to run away with me, we can stay right here, but I am asking you to be with me. I love you."

"After all this time?", asked Aziraphale.

Crowley smiled. "Always."

Aziraphale looked away from Crowley, to recollect himself. He had many thoughts swirling around in his head and he had so many things he needed to say, but one thing was more important than all of the others.

"Crowley?"

Crowley raised an eyebrow in response and smiled slightly.

"I love you, Anthony J. Crowley. Loving you has made me into a better version of myself. You're worth it all. All of the pain, the heartbreak, the sadness, every single last bit of it was worth it. I think about you constantly and everything seems to remind me of you. When you were gone, every last atom inside of me missed you. There were some days I missed you so much it felt as if I was drowning. Everyone knows that love is a leap of faith, and for you, Crowley, I'd jump a million times over. We're timeless."

Crowley looked at Aziraphale, until his eyes completely ran over with tears. He walked over to him, and kissed his forehead.

And that's when sparks flew.